• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks Divorce Causing XJ Build

sorry to hear that man. It sounds shitty but its better that this happened now, before you got married, then after.

Once youre out of the rust belt I say take that bonus, find a nice rust free Cherokee, and get started. Building a rig is great therapy, a lot of guys here can attest to that.

sorry to hear that man. It sounds shitty but its better that this happened now, before you got married, then after.

Once youre out of the rust belt I say take that bonus, find a nice rust free Cherokee, and get started. Building a rig is great therapy, a lot of guys here can attest to that.

i know. better now then later. i told her that when she finally told me what she was feeling. we'll see if we can work it out. but just in case, im getting prepared. and as soon as i have a place to work again, ill have another. its fun and yes, therapeutic to work on these things. it directs my anger towards it and not anyone else haha

well. i cant sell this thing to save my life. its not inspected and needs tires so its not selling. my guess its cause its getting close to winter. so im gonna throw some 31" retreads(bfg mt) on the stock suspension(im cut up so they should fit with some bumpstops) and call it a day. ill run it like that through winter, or till i can sell it. or ill have me a driver in case i move out of the house. for now things seem ok, still not engeged though, but if she just decides she doesnt want to be together ill have a ride in case she decides to pay for our car we have now.

so this is the plan. i think it qualifies for lcog build. 31's and stock suspension.

alright. nvm. its sold. well tomorrow its being sold. and im moving home in 6 weeks.

relationship is over. build is done for now(till the next one)

haha yeah. fortune teller. im in investment sales for work so i should just see what i can think will happen in the future and make money that way haha.

i dont really care for pittsburgh. well, pittsburgh is alright, but i dont care for pa. state taxes and state/local government that has their nose in everything is not for me. this is why im not staying

ill end up buying another one as soon as i move somewhere with a garage. ill end upreplacing all my tools for the most part too. i cant take them with me(dont have room) and dont wanna pay an arm and a leg to ship them. ill weight the costs though. cause ittl be a year at least before i can buy another one.

Rent a uhaul trailer... they are relatively cheap per-day.

Sucks man, but life goes on.

I've been in the same place--

rent a 20'-24' truck and a trailer for the car. You'll be dollars ahead when you start the next build. Lack of tools will keep you from doing too much and the cost to replace them will make you gun shy when the next good deal appears.

Back