• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Details for Iowa Meet and Greet-Dec.8

bpm4x4 said:
x2, but you already knew that:wierd:

There may be a viewing of the Comanche available, depending on roads.:eyes:
Very nice!

Snow forcasted here starting at 8 am, lasting all day. Dunna bout down there?

90PioSport99 said:
Okay so we have a rough idea of who all is making it but let's get details set out and clear.

When: Saturday, December 8, 2007-2:00pm

Where:
-Hooter's Parking Lot-for all you peeps that need the address it is-1480 22nd St, West Des Moines, IA 50266
-Continuing from there to Buffalo Wild Wings at Jordan Creek Mall-6925 Mills Civic Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
-Another point is for everyone who knows where Buffalo Wild Wings is, I'm not sure if it makes sense to go to Hooter's first. I assume since everyone knows how to get on NAXJA so they can probably navigate Mapquest okay. Do we want to just do BWW at 2:00pm instead?

Who:Well that's the question, we have some people figured out.
90PioSport99-1
Comancheon33-2
97CountryXJ-3
XJ&TJ4ME-2 and baby
SilentBob (because you will always be SilentBob to me)-2
Jeepman75?
et89xj?
Rockhound?
Anyone I'm missing?

So far we have for sure 10 (?) and Tyler's-Camille's kiddo (highchair?).

Dustin, can you get Matt to show up or does he have to work that day?

That's all I can think of. I just wanted to make a separate thread for this so anyone can ask questions, etc.

Hooters zip code is 50265:read: :dunno: :looser:

Ok so I was bored...............

Brian

bpm4x4 said:
Hooters zip code is 50265:read: :dunno: :looser:

Ok so I was bored...............

Brian
Haha you're right, I just googled it...oops.

ia green96 said:
Snow forcasted here starting at 8 am, lasting all day. Dunna bout down there?
Same here man, sounds like great weather.

I am just gonna play it by ear until tomorrow morning. If it looks like it is gonna be major ass suckage, then we might pass on coming up. If we did not have the kiddo then it would not bother me to make the drive, but my thought proces is a bit different now that we have the little one. We will see how things shape up.

Collin, I have the Moabs here for ya now. Good news....I was able to buy them at a lower price!!!

XJ&TJ4ME said:
I am just gonna play it by ear until tomorrow morning. If it looks like it is gonna be major ass suckage, then we might pass on coming up. If we did not have the kiddo then it would not bother me to make the drive, but my thought proces is a bit different now that we have the little one. We will see how things shape up.

Collin, I have the Moabs here for ya now. Good news....I was able to buy them at a lower price!!!

WTF? If I'm still thinking bout it, If I can make it you can make the drive.

It is not out of the question, but just thinking about the safety and welfare of the family. I am sure if it is not icy out then it will be a go. The Iowa roads are the easy part of the trip, it is the shit ass Missouri roads that account for the worst part of the trip. Iowas back roads are better then Missouris state highways....it pisses me off as a tax payer!!!

XJ&TJ4ME said:
It is not out of the question, but just thinking about the safety and welfare of the family. I am sure if it is not icy out then it will be a go. The Iowa roads are the easy part of the trip, it is the shit ass Missouri roads that account for the worst part of the trip. Iowas back roads are better then Missouris state highways....it pisses me off as a tax payer!!!

I understand the safety factor for you & you family. Was just kinda sling ing some sheet your way, is all. Dunno how far into MO. you are but the border is about the same distrance drive is I have.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
Good news....I was able to buy them at a lower price!!!
Very nice! Give me a call in the morning Tyler, let me know what you've decided.

nothing but a strong northern wind here at the moment. I am heading out to the shop to put on the new shocks and plan on heading up that way sometime around 11.

I have to work till 3:puke: plus would need to get cleaned up if I was to be seen off hours in public. So I don't know if I will make it to Hooter's before ya'll leave...andy

If any changes just drop me a line, some of you have my #(and I lose everyones:wstupid:)...

XJ&TJ4ME said:
nothing but a strong northern wind here at the moment. I am heading out to the shop to put on the new shocks and plan on heading up that way sometime around 11.
Sounds good Tyler, let us know.

et89xj said:
I have to work till 3:puke: plus would need to get cleaned up if I was to be seen off hours in public. So I don't know if I will make it to Hooter's before ya'll leave...andy

If any changes just drop me a line, some of you have my #(and I lose everyones:wstupid:)...
I know I'm planning on going straight to BWW so you won't miss me at Hooters. I'll give you a call if there's any changes Andy or you can call me if you want an update.
-Collin

I got called into work at 1 and wont be done untill after 4 then I have a Christmas party tonight at 6. Let me know how the M&G went?

Coleman

jeepman75 said:
I got called into work at 1 and wont be done untill after 4 then I have a Christmas party tonight at 6. Let me know how the M&G went?

Coleman

We learned a few things:
-a table for 20 is not doable at BWW

-Collin is late and likes to blame everything on Dustin (who was on time)

-The Iowa/Iowa State game was today and BWW has many big screens (Iowa State won:yelclap: )

-BWW is a little LOUDER than a Jeep with open exhaust:shhh:

-Being right next to the mall was a real treat too:moon:

I had a good time and was glad to meet you all, we will have to do this again on a warmer day without freezing rain.:cheers:

Yeah a nicer day for sure. My drive home sucked major ass. I gotta get a thermostat in my MJ. I couldn't even keep the windshield clear. Thanks to everyone that showed and lets do it again on a better day.

bpm4x4 said:
We learned a few things:
-Collin is late and likes to blame everything on Dustin (who was on time)
Crap on that, I won't be late next time, it was my slightly dark buddy that caused my tardiness. And...Dustin was still at fault for the choice of place :twak:.

comancheon33 said:
I couldn't even keep the windshield clear. Thanks to everyone that showed and lets do it again on a better day.
X2 on the windshield and the festivity. Definitely have to do it again.

Last edited:
ia green96-rumor has it that you were there. Hopefully next time we can find a table to all fit.

Back