• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December 30th Snow Run to Jack's Pass

XJourney said:
Anyone have opinions on Maxxis?

I am sure that we can find others to laugh at :roflmao:
Who said you needed 4 matching tires for this run? I don't remember it being a requirement?

Which Maxxis?

Michael

2xtreme said:
I am sure that we can find others to laugh at :roflmao:
Who said you needed 4 matching tires for this run? I don't remember it being a requirement?

Which Maxxis?

Michael

Good point But I still don't have a spare. But either way I still will spend Sat. with the family.

I am looking at the Bighorns, the Creepy Crawlies don't come a small enough size. So far what little info I have found is promising. Tough, long lasting, good in snow and mud, and they are more round then an Interco tire.

XJourney said:
Good point But I still don't have a spare. But either way I still will spend Sat. with the family.

I am looking at the Bighorns, the Creepy Crawlies don't come a small enough size. So far what little info I have found is promising. Tough, long lasting, good in snow and mud, and they are more round then an Interco tire.

We could do with a guine pig in the area to try them out!! I dont think I have seen any on any rigs around here??

You can still have quality family time with 3 tires in the jeep:laugh3:

Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
Yeah, remember the last 'built' YJ we had tag along on a snow run? :rolleyes:
-----Matt-----

That was 1 of the prime candidates for my comment;)

Michael

I'm planning on making this run also. So expect me and the wife to show up in our Heep. We might meet up with you all for breakfast at the DC, not sure will have to see if the wife wants to get up that early.

Update:

I have my tow hooks now and they will be on the Jeep tomorrow. I should be good to go otherwise for this trip. Me and the wife are still totally stoked to go play in the snow.

Later,
Coullt

IXNAYXJ said:
That's the one. He was running 35" Boggers (IIRC) and couldn't find his ass with both hands and a map.

-----Matt-----

Na, they were some sort of 33" Mud terrains. Got a pic handy.

100_1035.jpg

CanMan said:
Na, they were some sort of 33" Mud terrains. Got a pic handy.
Yeah, I went back and looked too. While not Boggers, those look bigger than 33" to me. Meh.

Oh, I just talked to Adam and he won't be joining us Saturday. He's stuck in Kansas until Monday due to shitty weather in Denver. :(

Also, I got the new tires! Merry Christmas to me!!!

anewtire3.jpg

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Also, I got the new tires! Merry Christmas to me!!!

anewtire3.jpg

-----Matt-----

SWEET tires, man. You're going to destroy the snow on Saturday. I still can't believe what my 31's have gotten me through. Then again, you ARE the one who first recommended them to me......

Oh yeah, and I'm about 80% for Saturday. Should have enough time tomorrow to install my front tow hooks so no more wrappin 'round the axle. Treated the bumper bolts with PB Blaster this afternoon...went from un-budge-able to coulda-used-playschool-tools. God, I love that stuff....

- Jay

IXNAYXJ said:
anewtire3.jpg

-----Matt-----

:gag:

Looks pretty good Matt.

It flows really well with the background:D

Jamez

OOH! I'm tellin!:rattle:

GI-John said:
Before it gets deleted again.
Unless this gets deleted too.