• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December 30th Snow Run to Jack's Pass

IXNAYXJ said:
The 33" tires I have now are really big 33's. Next to standard 33" TSLs, the SSRs look a lot bigger. I'd be willing to be the weight difference between a 33" SSR and a 34" Trxus would be negligible. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Say, John.... Still have any pictures of the stripped teeth?

-----Matt-----

TSL
SAM-13
33x12.50-15LT
8 ply
10.2 width
33.7 height
2820 max load

SSR
SSR-16R
33x12.50R15LT
6 ply
10.6 width
33.4 height
2225 max load

Truxus
RXM-06R
33x12.50R15LT
6 ply
9.60 width
33.0 height
2205 max load

RXM-09R
34x12.50R15LT
6 ply
9.60 width
34.0 height
2405 max load

RXM-11R
35x12.50R15LT
6 ply
9.55 width
34.9 height
2555 max load

Couldn't find weights, but I would guess that all 3 (of the same size) are probably VERY similar in weight.

Michael

Been awhile since anyone posted on this thread. Are you still planing on a run on the 30th? if so I might be able to make it.

FiFo said:
Been awhile since anyone posted on this thread. Are you still planing on a run on the 30th? if so I might be able to make it.

Of course!!

I will set the detail here in a little while.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I will set the detail here in a little while.....
Any ideas? My plan thus far is to head North on the 30th either way. I know this run will have a pretty large turn-out, so I just wanted to bump it to the to and remind everyone that it is coming up fast!

So far, I know that these people are coming fo sho:

2xtreme, with usual hangers-on (Michael)
IXNAYXJ (me)
CanMan (Eli)
blkxjkrawler (Ryan)
GI-John (John, and his wife Lonnie with her new ZJ 5.2)
Slacker87XJ (Ian)
GreenbeltXJ (Cody)
XJLaredo...maybe? (Jamezzzzzz)

Who'd I miss?

Should be a FUN trip!

Last year:

IMG_1636.jpg

And, of course one of me. :D

DSCF2536.jpg

-----Matt-----

I was thinking we would probably meet up there about 9:00am. But with as many people coming from farther south I am thinking we should move it back to 10:00am? Does this work for you guys coming from farther away?

To add to the list, I have a friend with a LR Disco on 32's coming, and there is a good chance that Tracy will be there again this year with his (actually his wife's) black ZJ on 32's. Both will have their kids with them.

For those who have not been before this is a great family trip. Bring plenty of extra food and clothes. Also bring sleds if you have them.

I will call on Wednesday to make sure we know which entrance is open and there for where we will be meeting (either Index or Skykomish).

Michael

1000hrs works for me. Its on a Saturday, so not really a need to get back home really early from the later start, IMO. See ya there.

PS. Jamezzzzzzzz, meet me at the Arco at like 0800hrs or so, if you want to meet up for breakfast at the Dutch Cup.

CanMan said:
1000hrs works for me. Its on a Saturday, so not really a need to get back home really early from the later start, IMO. See ya there.

PS. Jamezzzzzzzz, meet me at the Arco at like 0800hrs or so, if you want to meet up for breakfast at the Dutch Cup.

YYYYYYYYup.

Jamez

I bet right now Matt's thinking real hard.

Hello NW Chapter,

I am up again for the holidays and was trying to get a run together for Walker Valley, but alas, the snow run sounds way more fun.

Does anyone mind if me, the wife, and my sister-in-law join in? We have never made this run, but I am really looking to get some time in offroad.

I am running a 2 inch BB with 31's open/open and I do have a full size spare and all my tools up with me from Socal. I also brought my avalanche shovel and my hi-lift.

I will probably pick up a towing strap as it seems that would be a good thing to have.

So again, does anyone mind if I join.

If that's cool, what time and where should I meet people. I am located in Oak Harbor, so the closest person I know of to meet up with and convoy down with it Ryan (blackxjcrawler), if he doesn't mind me following him cause I have no clue as to where I am going down in that area.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Coullt
Cell 360-632-1787

Cherikon said:
Hello NW Chapter,

I am up again for the holidays and was trying to get a run together for Walker Valley, but alas, the snow run sounds way more fun.

Does anyone mind if me, the wife, and my sister-in-law join in? We have never made this run, but I am really looking to get some time in offroad.

I am running a 2 inch BB with 31's open/open and I do have a full size spare and all my tools up with me from Socal. I also brought my avalanche shovel and my hi-lift.

I will probably pick up a towing strap as it seems that would be a good thing to have.

If that's cool, what time and where should I meet people. I am located in Oak Harbor, so the closest person I know of to meet up with and convoy down with it Ryan (blackxjcrawler), if he doesn't mind me following him cause I have no clue as to where I am going down in that area.

Coullt
Cell 360-632-1787
We'd more than happy to have you join us. I talked to Adam (adamusmc2002) who knows you from S.D. and he said you're a nice guy and know what you're doing. I think tow points are the only thing you didn't mention, so that's the only x-factor, I think.

Looking forward to meeting you!

-----Matt-----

Cherikon said:
Hello NW Chapter,

Coullt
Cell 360-632-1787

Your more than welcome to caravan down with me, We'll probably be pulling out of MT Vernon around 7:30. Hopefully we can meet some of the other guys for breakfast. If this works for you, I'll just Meet you in the GI Joes parking lot on College way in MT Vernon at 7:30.
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Hopefully we can meet some of the other guys for breakfast.

So far it sounds like me and Eli will be heading to the Dutch Cup for breakfast.

RRT said:
Would like to come along. Any ideas on a meeting place & time?

Do you know where the Dutch Cup is? We should be there a little after 9a.m. i believe.

Back