• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cowl intake vs snorkel

Where can I order a filter set up like that?

This would look pretty cool sticking out!

snorkel_rc2_prefilter_big.jpg

I saw one about a year ago on some special TJ rig from Australia and can remember what it was called.....outlander, badlander or something! My only question is how the air gets into this?
There are slots around the outside bottom edge of the canister that are slanted to make the incoming air spin into the canister. The dirt stays around the outside and the air goes down the center into the intake tube. These were standard on our Hummers when I was in the Army.

i am in the process of building my snorkel. I took the stock air box out, took some 3" pvc and attached it to the stock rubber hose off the throttle body turned it towards the pass side the used a street 45* throughh a hole i cut in the firewall to a 90* then cut a hole in the cowl and attached about a foot of 3" pvc. I pland on putting a cone filter on the pvc then some kind of cover over the filter like maybe a bowl, or can, I will glue it to the end of the filter so it protects it from rain and mud. I will get some pics up when my wife gets home with the camera.

There wont be much heat coming from an engine that goes to garbage because the own didn't put a filter in his ultra cool pvc snorkle.

Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of coing into the cowl in the first place if your going to have a 3 foot stack coming out of it? Just go out through the fender and do a regular snorkle.

Back