• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering move from San Jose, CA to Seattle, WA

Unless you are really stuck on Seattle , I would suggest South alittle toward Renton , Kent, Auburn, South King County area . That way you have I 5 North to Seattle , Easy To head East I 90 or 410 to Play 4x4 stuff or West out to the Ocean or the Olympic Peninsula . All doable on weekends . Then South to Oregon for longer weekends . There are plenty of places to chose from . Good Luck on the move.

I just got done moving up, currently staying with family in wenatchee, and alternating with friends in duvall and woodinville for the sake of my sanity. Going to be looking for a house out near monroe/snohomish area.

Personally, I can't stand crossing the lake, nowhere to park, people drive like idiots, homeless drunk people wandering around in the street.

Moving to wa has been a great step up for me, lack of state income taxes, lower cost of living, means I might actually be able to afford a house in my lifetime. Also, getting ready to get my business kicked off. I love WA... also working on putting in a new waterpump was a hell of a lot of fun tonight, all the steam from my breath kept reflecting the light from my headlamp making it difficult to see. On the upside, I ran water from the hot water heater through my pressure washer, did a great job of cleaning/defrosting everything before I got started.

Being in the Military I've been to all four corners of the USA and then some.

I really really like the Pacific Northwest. Seattle and the surrounding areas are awesome. Sure, it rains alot, but when it isn't raining its frigging beautiful out here.

I go to the city itself for the Seahawks games and I always have a great time, never any trouble. It's the cleanest city I've been to.

Outdoor recreation a plenty; hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, wheeling..... it's awesome up here.

I would have to agree with this guy ^^ I moved here from the east coast and really all I can complain about is

1) People are very introverted here compared to other places in the US
2) I miss real thunderstorms and lightening.

Other than that I love it here. It is absolutely beautiful even on the rainy days. The summers are unbeatable. And there is literally something for everyone within days drive max. :patriot:

I absolutely agree with both on all points stated above!

Retired military and having sailed/flown/been stationed around the entire globe, I've observed incredible, divine beauty and some truly amazing/remarkable s**tholes.

Driven across the USA numerous times at various latitudes and while some locations are certainly enticing, I've determined I will eventually retire somewhere in the Seattle area.

The nature of the people suite me perfectly as I relish my privacy!

Plan around the weather; if it's nice, head to the moutains. If it's raining, there's always the malls/movies. Regardless, plenty to do - enjoy!

I never lived there, however my brother who is very extraverted and has a billon friends said the same thing. He now lives in Austin TX, he said if he where going to move back to the PNW he would move to Oregon.

I am moving up to Redmond, WA this weekend. The new job starts on Monday Feb 4th. I'm looking forward towards increasing the tard level in the NW Chapter by a few points.:dunce: See you on the trails.

I am moving up to Redmond, WA this weekend. The new job starts on Monday Feb 4th. I'm looking forward towards increasing the tard level in the NW Chapter by a few points.:dunce: See you on the trails.

there goes the neighborhood! :puke:

LOL, welcome aboard the short bus.
Hope to at least see you at NW Fest later this year.
Congrats on the new job BTW.

Get out your rain coat and boot. And go put them in your vehicle, along with you snow chains. Welcome to Gotham City.

PM inbound.

I am moving up to Redmond, WA this weekend....

Forgot to mention..... I used to live right outside of Redmond, went School in that region. There's a lot of really nice areas in that neck of the woods.
Kirkland, Bothell, Woodinville, Bellvue, all within 15 min or so of each other.
good schools, good shopping, GREAT food.

And I know there's several members from here that are from those areas as well.

I made it 560 miles to Eugene,OR today. Driving the other 290 miles to Redmond tomorrow afternoon. Should be in my apartment by 6pm hopefully figuring out how to get the Sharks game.

So nice to be out of CA!

Yeah no more rat race. Man I miss the weather and San Francisco, but really we rarely got up there. I may see you on the road. I'm heading south on I5 early. Or I will be heading in your direction early afternoon.
I'll be in my silver Avalon.

I made it 560 miles to Eugene,OR today. Driving the other 290 miles to Redmond tomorrow afternoon. Should be in my apartment by 6pm hopefully figuring out how to get the Sharks game.

So nice to be out of CA!

your just 20 miles north of my place in cottage grove...
man, i wish i was there now. i miss the area, can't wait to get back into my forest. are you in the jeep or the 'burban?

your just 20 miles north of my place in cottage grove...
man, i wish i was there now. i miss the area, can't wait to get back into my forest. are you in the jeep or the 'burban?

I thought of you while passing by Cottage Grove. I cruised up in the Bourbon - that thing devoured 850 miles like nothing and was packed full of guns, ammo, and some clothes. The ass-end was definitely sagging due to 15 heavy ammo cans loaded full.

30 round mags are now assembled. Bullet button comes off the AR tomorrow.

I thought of you while passing by Cottage Grove. I cruised up in the Bourbon - that thing devoured 850 miles like nothing and was packed full of guns, ammo, and some clothes. The ass-end was definitely sagging due to 15 heavy ammo cans loaded full.

30 round mags are now assembled. Bullet button comes off the AR tomorrow.

better than that, you can now legally buy .50bmg rifles & full auto toys!
sooooo friggin' jealous!

Freedom feels good. A felony in the great state of CA is legal in WA. I love it here already.

IMAG0337_zpsef9d2706.jpg

Freedom feels good. A felony in the great state of CA is legal in WA. I love it here already.

IMAG0337_zpsef9d2706.jpg

And hopefully it stays like that. If those butt heads in DC has there way we will all end up like California.

I don't know about Washington, but Oregon wants to make there own state laws and follow in the steps of Ca. and NY.. Even if the Feds don't pass there bull crap!

Back