• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering move from San Jose, CA to Seattle, WA

Being in the Military I've been to all four corners of the USA and then some.

I really really like the Pacific Northwest. Seattle and the surrounding areas are awesome. Sure, it rains alot, but when it isn't raining its frigging beautiful out here.

There is wheeling of every type 2 hours from Seattle itself. From dusty hillclimbs, to rock crawling, to snow wheeling, to sand dunes, to nasty mud we have it all.

There are lots of "grassroots" 4x4 competitions in the area to full on racing/rock crawls in the area.

The rubicon is a 16 hour drive from seattle. Johnson valley is a 21 hour drive if you are hardcore and have multiple drivers.

The coffee is great, they have burrito trucks everwhere. I go to the city itself for the Seahawks games and I always have a great time, never any trouble. It's the cleanest city I've been to.

Outdoor recreation a plenty; hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, wheeling..... it's awesome up here.

Oh, buy rain gear.

I would have to agree with this guy ^^ I moved here from the east coast and really all I can complain about is three things.

1) People are very introverted here compared to other places in the US
2) I miss real thunderstorms and lightening (but you dont get that anyways in cali so I guess you wont miss it)
3)The drivers here suck! Its called an interstate you dont merge at 35 and then accelerate to 60. you merge at 65 and slow down to match traffic!!!!:banghead:

Other than that I love it here. It is absolutely beautiful even on the rainy days. The summers are unbeatable. And there is literally something for everyone within days drive max.

Look into living in Woodinville if you can afford it, or Kirkland/Bothell. Both are very nice family oriented cities close to Seattle. And you will have me as your cable guy provided you get Comcast lol.:patriot:

Look into living in Woodinville if you can afford it, or Kirkland/Bothell. Both are very nice family oriented cities close to Seattle. And you will have me as your cable guy provided you get Comcast lol.:patriot:

These are the very areas we are looking at.

These are the very areas we are looking at.

Woodinville is big houses on decent amounts of land for a hefty price. Its also a little further out as far as a commute to Seattle

Bothell is an older community (not people, houses) and because of that some places are little more run down looking than others but has a neat little downtown area.

Kirkland is kind of a happy medium between the two with a larger downtown area that still has a small town feel to it but there is a lot of construction down there so who knows if it will stay that way.

I think Kirkland is my personal favorite but I wanted to give you my take on a few of the Eastside (what we refer to the 405 corridor as) cities.

***Also look into SE Bellevue, along the I90 corridor, this way you wouldnt have to take the 520 toll bridge to seattle.

S

Please provide information. This is a life-changing decision for me and I will base it 60% on what NAXJA tells me, 60% on what I feel like doing, and the other 60% on the flip of a coin. I need to know soon, there's going to be a decision due in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
the_weirdo

based on your math, I will say that your move might be a good thing for the sierra chapter's finances.
:roflmao:

but seriously, seattle is one of my favorite places to visit... hope you like rain. :wave1:

3)The drivers here suck! Its called an interstate you dont merge at 35 and then accelerate to 60. you merge at 65 and slow down to match traffic!!!!:banghead:

you don't know bad drivers until you drive in the san jose bay area!!! :shiver:
it's like deathrace 2000 every day!

Yay!

I'm going to hangout side your house every night! Or maybe you should just get a place with an extra bedroom and I can move in with you.

Buy some good tires for that Cherokee Josh, rocks and mud, hard to get traction.
Come on down to Tillamook state forest, I can take you out and get you lost like I did Tim. oh wait I think he got me lost, oh whatever.

Your coming up does that mean your moving up? Or coming up for a visit.

You will enjoy the good clean air, much more laid back, my stress level has gone down dramatically since I've moved here.

booo.
i need a new friend to replace the one moving away.
send applications to the fun factory for consideration for the open position.

booo.
i need a new friend to replace the one moving away.
send applications to the fun factory for consideration for the open position.

Candidate must have:
a) a total lack of fabrication skills
b) love of Taco Bell
c) sense of humor
d) ability to withstand dog drool

How about you retire and move up? Problem solved. I think I heard you say you where going to retire in 5 years 3 years ago. Then I think I read somewhere you said 10 recently?
;-)

How about you retire and move up? Problem solved. I think I heard you say you where going to retire in 5 years 3 years ago. Then I think I read somewhere you said 10 recently?
;-)

can't quite afford to just yet, but in less than 10 for sure.
about 3 or 4 more years then poof...we will shut down our business, sell or rent our shop building, sell one of my san jose houses & head to oregon & get to play in my fun factory every day. i can't wait!

Well will be waiting for you here in Gotham city. I'm always happy to see people retire in there 40s and 50s

it sucks to hear that you're moving, weirdo.

Back