• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget jeepspeed prerunner build

so I finally got around to snapping some shots of the jeep after the leaves got on.

xjspeed030.jpg

xjspeed028.jpg

xjspeed027.jpg

I also got some extra lowers and some coils woth the leaves from my buddy Dan. I got these wheels as well, but I dont think they are real american racing and I think they will be too wide for jeepspeed anyway but they will be fun to beat...

xjspeed029.jpg

so I got a tracking number form foa and I am not sure when they are getting here the ups site is not clear...

Crimzon316 said:
those are american racing wheels i got the same ones on my cherokee and they look exactly the same

they look like it to me but they dont say american racing anywhere just made in america. Do your wheels have any markings to specify?

awesome jeep, i was planing on doing a prerunner set up on my xj. then i realized that im better off not screwing up my DD. but i am digging the wide fenders. where did you find those?

Swamprat said:
awesome jeep, i was planing on doing a prerunner set up on my xj. then i realized that im better off not screwing up my DD. but i am digging the wide fenders. where did you find those?
got them from hanneman directly but in hindsight I wish I had gotten them through rustys because I might run his rear flares and the give you a bit of a deal

Swamprat said:

I would not be too afraid of screwing it up. There is a build on here by xjeeper that is a dd and it looks like it can prerunn too. I have seen a sweet pic of him airin it out over a dune too so it can jump.

Looking really good, I have done alot of work on my 2wd also. Just noticed today that my FOA front and rear are leaking some oil, I bought mine 6 months ago to the day. I absolutly love them and just today I emailed them with my problem so we will see how it goes. Heres a few pics of my junk.

IMG00094.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG00033.jpg

Year i was going to get him to make me some sliders as soon as i move back to so cal and can afford them.

looks good where did you get the resi clamps?
I am trying like hell to get my bronco done by next summer for the car shows so well see. I dont think I will be getting much done on my js this winter.
I am thinking of putting my foas on my dd so I can try them out but we will see how it goes.

jeep is for sale!!! $2000 WITH EVERYTHING(EXCEPT RACING SEATS OR SHOCKS,YOU CHOOSE)

Giving up so soon? Or did you discover there’s nothing budget about a successful race truck?

A recap for the peeps still researching FOA; I sent my leaky shocks in last Wednesday (2day ship) and just now received them today exactly 1 week later. Great return time on their part, they must have begun working on them the day of or after they received them. I asked them to add 90 degree fittings to the resi hose at the shock body and they did free of charge. They also included hiem shims in the box they sent back without request. They did take off my sticker I had on the resi, so I suspect they disconnected the leaky resi and tube and just replaced the entire resi instead servicing and re-installing. I’ll update after some usage. I should be going to Fort Sage on Nov. 1st so I’ll let you all know then how they perform. Happy days for great custy service.

Giving up so soon? Or did you discover there’s nothing budget about a successful race truck?

A recap for the peeps still researching FOA; I sent my leaky shocks in last Wednesday (2day ship) and just now received them today exactly 1 week later. Great return time on their part, they must have begun working on them the day of or after they received them. I asked them to add 90 degree fittings to the resi hose at the shock body and they did free of charge. They also included hiem shims in the box they sent back without request. They did take off my sticker I had on the resi, so I suspect they disconnected the leaky resi and tube and just replaced the entire resi instead servicing and re-installing. I’ll update after some usage. I should be going to Fort Sage on Nov. 1st so I’ll let you all know then how they perform. Happy days for great custy service.

has nothing to do with the budget but rather the fact that we found this for 6k and the jeep already has almost 4k into it and it wont keep up with this truck when its dialed

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

the guy we just bought the truck from sold us 5 33 12.5 baja t/as with 4 outlaw 2 wheels that only had one race on them for $500!!!

Yeah i'm having second thoughts about racing jeepspeed too. Its a lot of money for how slow these things can go compared to the other clases.

Nice yota, long travel 4x4...sexy

Back