• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bountiful Ridge Trail Run

So all the "blah blah this trail blah blah that trail" aside, are we on for a Woods X KMart rendevous on Sat morning, 9am?

Looks like the fire isn't an issue and there's plenty of good scenery and a possible side trip to a silver mine in the Bountiful Ridge trail area. We were also going to use this run as a meet and greet and to assess interest in a local NAXJA chapter, so this should fit the bill nicely. We can discuss future runs as well and areas we'd like to explore.

See you all on Saturday.:D

mbryson said:
And WHY did you go around an obvious blockage?

They did all that work, and didn't think to put up a "area closed to OHV travel" sign. Technically, we weren't breaking the law.

Plus, we grew up riding this trail, so closing it suddenly and for no apparent reason had us in a very unpleasant demeanor.

I know this not a "FOR SALE" forum, but I just did a bunch of work to my XJ and have a K&N drop in air filter left over. $25.00 to the first one that says dibs. I'll bring it on Saturday. Let me know.
Thanks,
Dan.

XJEEPER said:
So all the "blah blah this trail blah blah that trail" aside, are we on for a Woods X KMart rendevous on Sat morning, 9am?

Looks like the fire isn't an issue and there's plenty of good scenery and a possible side trip to a silver mine in the Bountiful Ridge trail area. We were also going to use this run as a meet and greet and to assess interest in a local NAXJA chapter, so this should fit the bill nicely. We can discuss future runs as well and areas we'd like to explore.

See you all on Saturday.:D

I'm there

So, Tomorow morning Sat the 19th, 9:00 AM, Bountiful, left hand side of 2600 S, Southwest corner of K Mart parking lot.

I'm In !

:cool:

I'm not, sorry guys I have to miss this one. I was going to give away a Warn winch too. I have too much work at our Sundance cabin on Saturday, I have to clear out our undergrowth around the cabin it is a fire hazard got the notice from the Fire dept. See ya all next time. Hopefully I will have my OX locker on by the next one.

THIS BITES!!!

I've been trying to get my neighbor to bring a backhoe over and level out my yard, dig out for an extension on my patio, etc. for a couple of months........so I run into him about 1/2 hr ago and he told me he'll have a backhoe in the neighborhood tomorrow for a project he's starting on Monday and he got some free time tomorrow before noon..............short story is this:

It would be extremely ungrateful and very disrespectful of me to go Jeeping while he's donating his weekend time, his company equipment and fuel to help me out.
Have fun without me, be nice to Judd and Dan, they're new to the area and will enjoy meeting some new Jeeping folk. Oh ya, watch out for Marc and don't let him bend any tierods, his or yours..............

Catch ya'll on the next run.

:bawl:

mbryson said:
I'm there

I'm a liar {well, I just got made one}..............I have an appointment to get my wife's recently lifted ZJ aligned to get rid of the death wobble early --8 am.

Last edited:
Well I am happy to say that, as disappointing of a person as I may be, at least I am reliable.

I will be there tomorrow (sat) morning before 9:00 am at the KMart at 2600 S. Bountiful/Woods Cross, east of the freeway.

I will be alone :)( ) in a bright yellow jeep, towing a real ugly Bronco II.

Hope to see as many of you as possible there. If I don't, I'll meet you at the "B" at 9:20 am.

Nitey nite!:kissyou:

I just got back from the honeymoon, and regretfully have to say, I haven't been able to hook up the linkage yet. So maybe a Sunday run anyone?

What an awesome day!!!

I think I'll be the first post, unless someone else is sitting doing the same thing as I am now.
I'm somewhat speechless. I don't know what to say.
What an awesome day and an awesome group of new friends. I had a great time and I thank you all for the invite. I'd like to see some pics as soon as reasonably possible. Especially the one of ME showing off in the parking lot. That was the first time I've done that with my current suspension set-up.
Thanks again,
Dan.

Wow, my first unofficial NAXJA trail run. What a blast!

Thanks to STP for gettin the ball rolling on this get together. All you guys I met are just awesome people. I will try to get some pics posted quickly. I have already looked at them on my comp and many look great.

I have never posted any pics before, but I will give it my best shot! BTW, on my forum rules notes on the bottom of the reply page, it says i MAY NOT post attachments. Can I post pics?

http://community.webshots.com/user/xjblue
I finally added a Forest Lake, Mineral Basin run album so check that out, and I have 5 more pics to post for the Bountiful run but the webshots server was giving me an error, I'll try to get them on but most of them are up so enjoy!

As you can see by the pics, Had a great time, it was a good turn out and the trail was scenic and enough fun, playing around provided a little carnage to the group too. I'm already looking foreward to the next one, I'm thinking late August, anything but the week of the 11th - 16th works for me.

........We discussed the Local Chapter at Length and decided to nominate XJEEPER and climbon as pres and vice pres since they are so available, and since ACE wanted to be treasurer first he got it - The grand prize, a nice MJ was waiting in the parking lot then the Warn x9500i was given out to the lucky 2nd place winner.......

Thanks STP 189 for spearheading that run!

Boy, do I feel left out after seeing the pictures!! well it's my own fault. I was happy to see the great turm out. Was there any discussion on a Utah chapter? Good job STP

Yeah, that was a good time. Was really nice meeting those I hadn't before and seeing those I don't often. I hope we can do it again soon.
Weren't really enough members there to discuss starting a Utah Chapter, unfortunately.
Thaks xjblue for putting up your pics. Next time we ought not dare Jeremy to try a trail that is; a) only used by atv's and; b) purposely blocked by big boulders. ;)

Back