• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bountiful Ridge Trail Run

I have been reading your informal trail run post since you guys started having them. But this time i can't resist. I live in bountiful and it is no more than 3 miles to the B from my house. Ao i will see if my dad and i can attend. My dad is a member and is very intreseted in the utah chapter thing. It is my understanding that there will be a lot of talk about that. So the 19th and are we metting at the parking area just below the B.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Jerm S.

Jerm S. said:
I have been reading your informal trail run post since you guys started having them. But this time i can't resist. I live in bountiful and it is no more than 3 miles to the B from my house. Ao i will see if my dad and i can attend. My dad is a member and is very intreseted in the utah chapter thing. It is my understanding that there will be a lot of talk about that. So the 19th and are we metting at the parking area just below the B.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Jerm S.

Most of the guys that are comming don't know bountiful very well so I thought that meeting down by K-Mart would be better but we can meet you up there by the B.

I have no idea how to get to the K-mart or the "B". And what date is this? maybe I get out there for it. Later

To Get to Kmart is a peice of cake it is right off the freeway on the left side of 2600 S. So get of on the 2600 S. exit and head east you wont miss it.

I can meet you guys down at Kmart that isn't a problem. Have we set a time.

And also i'm notsure if i will get off work but i won't have to work until 5 PM if we get an early enough start is it possible that we could be done by say 4.

Can't wait to go wheelin

Jerm S.

I was thinking the 19th is good? Is this a problem for anyone else? Who is going to be able to make it?

Just did Prov Canyon this weekend. Good endurance trail. I never used four low as much as I did on that trail. It was a little smaller (rock size) than the rock garden up AF canyon but about 2-3 miles of it up steep inclines. Ended up on top of Logan Peek above the snow line. Kind of funny to have a snow ball fight on the 4th of July.

I'll get my pictures posted when I get some time.

stp189 said:
I was thinking the 19th is good? Is this a problem for anyone else? Who is going to be able to make it?

Just did Prov Canyon this weekend. Good endurance trail. I never used four low as much as I did on that trail. It was a little smaller (rock size) than the rock garden up AF canyon but about 2-3 miles of it up steep inclines. Ended up on top of Logan Peek above the snow line. Kind of funny to have a snow ball fight on the 4th of July.

I'll get my pictures posted when I get some time.

I'm in...........XJ is working good, lately

I think I can pull this one off. We were going to go to St. George but 110 degrees is no fun for me. What time?

As long as I don't have to go out of town, I'm in. :D
Now all I have to do is get un-lazy and install my new GDI.
Thanks,
Dan.

utahxjer said:
I will be cutting it close by the 19th but hopefully I can swing it!

Are you any closer to fixing your linkage? What else do you need to do? Do you need any help?

So what about 9AM on the 19th of July in the SouthWest corner of the K-Mart parking lot.

Well STP, I'm getting married on Friday the 11th. And I'm getting back, next Thursday(honeymoon). So Friday I'm going to try and fix the linkage, and finally get the 4wd working! But I'll be there, in mine or my buddy's xj!:guitar:

Can we get a head count on who is going on the bountiful trail run?

1 here plus a possible 2nd rig coming along.
It'll be good to meet ya'll finally.......don't make me regret it!:D

I should be there if I get my rig put back together in time. But, isn't there a fire going on somewhere down around there?
Dan.

Latest news break on TV says "fire is burning out of control in Davis county". Isn't this somewhat close to where we're going? I'd be bummed if it is.
Thanks,
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
Latest news break on TV says "fire is burning out of control in Davis county". Isn't this somewhat close to where we're going? I'd be bummed if it is.
Thanks,
Dan.

There's always Prov. Canyon or something in the Uintas (there's got to be something there, but I don't know where).....

I just talked with a contractor at my work that is a Vol. Firefighter for farmington and he said the fire is headed North. He had some crazy stories. He said that the frontage road is clear of fire so the homes are saved but now it is going more up the mountain and that it is the Forest Services baby. The run I had in mind was more South on the ridge by Bountiful anyway. I can't belive the guy that started this thing. Just to do it to go to jail. What a freak.

I will be coming with a lifted 71 Bronco so 2 of us, maybe 3rd XJ

Back