• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big bear

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
4.5 days till the start of socal fest! Whhhoooottt! Quick question for the guys who've gone before....Are they real strict with the fire extinguisher, First aid...etc..?:clap:

See, you just blew it. Now EVERYBODY knows that you don't have a first aid kit, extinguisher, etc. etc. :)

The one thing that is highly stressed is the tow points, though.

I was told this year they will do inspections before the runs leave in the past it was up to the leader of the run but it lead to some fishy vehicles going places with welded on hooks and such

What if your dual band radio won't work on 27mhz? :)

xjohnnyc said:
See, you just blew it. Now EVERYBODY knows that you don't have a first aid kit, extinguisher, etc. etc. :)

The one thing that is highly stressed is the tow points, though.
hahah ohh, need to finish the front ones :sad1:

Gerr said:
I was told this year they will do inspections before the runs leave in the past it was up to the leader of the run but it lead to some fishy vehicles going places with welded on hooks and such
hooks that ripped of that awesome unibody:passgas:

Yeah after I read the list of shit you need I decided I better pass on big bear. Looks like I have to do A LOT more work before i'm ready. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just make this thing into a mall crawler and pass on the serious off road stuff.

phreaker76 said:
Yeah after I read the list of shit you need I decided I better pass on big bear. Looks like I have to do A LOT more work before i'm ready. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just make this thing into a mall crawler and pass on the serious off road stuff.
Never! put some rails on an aussie in the front and a cb. jeeps are made to be wheeled!

phreaker76 said:

Lets see... your jeep is the up country model. you already have the brackets, you just need the hooks. There are some in a yard by me. you can get them for probably a few bucks. that leaves a fire extuigusher and a first aid kit. which are both really cheap. you probably have some laying around your house.

I'm bringing up an extra hook if anyone needs to throw one on for the weekend, you can use it free :).

These runs are pretty BIG. If MOST the folks in it have the required equipment, I feel it's ok if a few are lacking, because the rest can help him out. If you are new to offroading, COME UP, feel free to run the easy trails and meet the experienced guys, you'll never learn as much as ON the trail (well, around the campfire, but 60% of that is drunken BS ;)).

Come one, come all, we'll have a blast!

1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
2. First aid kit
3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
3. D-Rings
4. Shackle/Clevis
6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

The only one that is hard is #5!!

--You can borrow #6 (I have one I will lend - with appropriate deposit ;-) )
--#3, #4 & #7 should be pretty easy (already done) unless you're doing some real redneck junk work
--Grab a handful of band-aids and call it #2
--Grab a handful of wire coat-hangers and a big bag of marshmallows and call it #1 (make sure to bring enough for _e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e_ :flame: )

But seriuosly - $20 at Costco will get all the fire extinglisher you will need...

bburge

bburge said:
1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
2. First aid kit
3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
3. D-Rings
4. Shackle/Clevis
6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

The only one that is hard is #5!!

--You can borrow #6 (I have one I will lend - with appropriate deposit ;-) )
--#3, #4 & #7 should be pretty easy (already done) unless you're doing some real redneck junk work
--Grab a handful of band-aids and call it #2
--Grab a handful of wire coat-hangers and a big bag of marshmallows and call it #1 (make sure to bring enough for _e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e_ :flame: )

But seriuosly - $20 at Costco will get all the fire extinglisher you will need...

bburge
sounds like a plan :D

i have one question... I cant seem to find the answer anywhere.. How much is it gonna cost me for the BBQ? and how much are raffle tickets?

markw said:
What if your dual band radio won't work on 27mhz? :)
theres a number of ham guys in the group your more than likely gona be able to communicate with some one but cb's are required in a lot of other events by most other groups so you may wana get one installed eventually

Yes, please make sure your rig is equipped as the list specifies. Yes things to slip by but not on purpose.

In regards to BBQ, we are still working on the prices, but it'll be a really good price. In the recent years the objective was to break even on the food. I don't think anyone (including Johnny ;) ) walked away hungry or unhappy with what they got for their $ :)

Btw, it's bring your own beverage event.

Raffle tickets this year will be $2 a ticket.

Kejtar said:
Yes, please make sure your rig is equipped as the list specifies. Yes things to slip by but not on purpose.

In regards to BBQ, we are still working on the prices, but it'll be a really good price. In the recent years the objective was to break even on the food. I don't think anyone (including Johnny ;) ) walked away hungry or unhappy with what they got for their $ :)

Btw, it's bring your own beverage event.

Raffle tickets this year will be $2 a ticket.
sounds good moderator

Back