• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big bear

:dunno: How serious are these runs? I just met skwerly and some of the guys at the yucaipa meet and greet by chance (driving by the day I bought my Jeep). I'm a stocker (hopefully, not for long) and am worried about the difficulty of the trails and the required equipment. Big Bear is close and this is why I bought a Jeep, so I would like to come. And, whats up with the red letters? Are they paying members?

luvdlions said:
:dunno: How serious are these runs? I just met skwerly and some of the guys at the yucaipa meet and greet by chance (driving by the day I bought my Jeep). I'm a stocker (hopefully, not for long) and am worried about the difficulty of the trails and the required equipment. Big Bear is close and this is why I bought a Jeep, so I would like to come. And, whats up with the red letters? Are they paying members?
the rules are there to make sure you are prepared for whatever might happen. most informal runs dont carry such strict requirements, but for the official big weekends those rules must be followed.

as far as the red letters, yes, we are members of this club, and we pay membership dues. IRC they are around $35 a year. black names are forum members, but not actual members of NAXJA. you do not HAVE to be a member of the club to join us on any of the official or informal runs, but it will get you alot more respect when it comes to asking for help ;) plus, its a small price to give back for how much money this site, as a knowledge base, and our members, as far as lending a helping hand, will save you.

welcome to the best hobby you could have picked up on :D

Back