• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

before the crawl my junk needs.....

Finally got a day off, knocked a few things off the list.

Trailer lined up.
HoBoxes Done.
WJ LCAs Done.
Add a coil isolator to correct rake Done.

Still to do:

Swap winch solenoids DONE
Fix minor vacuum leak. DONE
Fix A/C - at the shop now getting a JY compressor, new expansion valve and charged.
Hood vents - DONE
E-fan override switch.
Put hitch back on. DONE
Check fluids/change oil. DONE
Go thru spares and tools.

If I have time:

Change axle ujoint that is starting to chirp.
Extended idle switch.
Figure out if stumble at idle at startup is bad aftermarket TPS or something else - Fixed itself.

CO2 tank mounted and new mirrors put on.

Thanks. Was not that hard to do. Camp ground project? LOL!

Haha I'm down. I have no welder or the steel to do it with. I'll be happy if I can get the winch in. Replacement parts for the winch are supposed to come in today. So I've got that going for me.

Installed another driveshaft today with good joints. Also replaced the rear discs and brake pads on the 8.8. Took it for a spin and all seems well.

Updating again.
Couple more things knocked off the list..
Install 235s done
Change CPS replaced this and the stator.. hope the code stays off for inspection
Register, plate, and inspect it done.. good for 2 years
Get a spare tire need
Get battery hold down need
Align done
Fix AC grabbing one this weekend at NACfest. maybe get it in on monday

Pretty much just little stuff at this point. Plus packing and buying food/beer

The list has boiled down to a spare, a battery hold down and possibly fixing the AC. Heading to NACfest tomorrow than will get everything else done.

That locker will make your trip much more enjoyable. We can always install it at the campground :roll:

Lol heck why not? Depending on how much I can get done tomorrow though, I may be riding with people. I think my caster angle is going to be too extreme to allow my front driveshaft not to bind, so the UCA's are pretty high up on my list of things to do. Either way I'll more than likely be driving the Jeep up though. Hopefully I can get enough done to actually wheel

Depending on the locker I'm game to help!

It's a Spartan locker, should be really easy to install. The hardest part will be taking my front end apart and torquing the ring gear bolts back down

tighten the belt
plug some leaks in the roof
adjust the slider stops on the coilovers
check and tighten on everything
re-fill the rear diff
roof tie-in to the cage

I need a winch I just destroyed mine.

mac 'it's done' gyvr

AAAHH! One of My winch wires want to keep catching fire. Don't know if I'll have a winch.

All I have left is to put a couple elbows in a camper hose where they thought is was ok to make a 180 degree bend in a 4" wide space (it kinked). And I have to pack all the tools and spares.

Kinda weird being done this soon.

Replaced the caliper. Got everything as ready as it will be. Will load up the jeep tomorrow with tent and camping gear.

Tomorrow I'm gonna take one last swing at the driveshaft and exhaust to stop them from killing each other. If I can't get that to work well enough, I'll be passenger for this crawl. If I can, then I'll be wheeling at least a day or two.

Still to do:

Swap winch solenoids DONE
Fix minor vacuum leak. DONE
Fix A/C. DONE
Hood vents - DONE
E-fan override switch. DONE
Put hitch back on. DONE
Check fluids/change oil. DONE
Go thru spares and tools.

If I have time:

Change axle ujoint that is starting to chirp. - Rolling the dice on this one...
Extended idle switch. - Maybe at the CG.
Figure out if stumble at idle at startup is bad aftermarket TPS or something else - Going to deal with it. Clears up after a couple minutes.

Back