• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone here live in the 805 area..

TwistedcaB said:
hey Gaucho J/W what set ups you guys have on ur jeeps
you just move to Templeton? Whats a pic of your rig?

no i've lived in Templeton for a long time. why?

heres a pic of mine. 5.5 With 33's. heres a pic from today messin around on one of the back trails.
IM005346.jpg

and a still one:
IM005337.jpg

TwistedcaB said:
Smittty do you live near templeton?
No i used to live in Atascadero, Just moved from there a few months ago. Your jeep looks farmiliar. You used to have a big green Monster "M" on the side? I dont think you would recognize mine. I worked in SLO and rarely drove it on the highway to Templeton or Paso. Wish i knew you lived there we could have gone to POZO. I didnt know any other XJ drivers around the area so never got to go wheelin with people.

GauchoMD said:
Is there a University in Banning? Because I'm sure Cal Poly SLO has its fair share of hot coeds...

x2.. I was up there this weekend.. Even the ugly ones arent that bad!!!

TwistedcaB said:
well i never had one on the side i dont think... hadone on the back window... before that window got.. annihilated on a trail haha. so ur livign in portland now? damn haha
hmm well what kind of axles you got and what kind of lift you running? You know of any other people with xj's in SLO county? I think there are a couple more people in Templeton just not sure they are on here. Once i get my axles swapped im thinking of taking a trip down that area just to visit and do some hardcore wheelin.

Hey TwistedcaB,
Next weekend if you want I could run you through some of the Pozo/Turkey Flats trails, your'e only like 20 minutes from them.

01 XJ, If you want to go we could meet up in Arroyo Grande, and go over High Mountain to meet TwistedcaB in Pozo

Big Sal, any interest?
It's 100miles for me up to Arroyo Grande where I'm hitting the dirt on High Mountain, at least 50 for you, it maybe just a easy trail run for stockers, but hey, theyr'e XJ's!

GauchoMD is out of town this weekend, but I'll run it by him when he gets back.

I'd go right now but the wife and I got work this weekend.

man i'd love to have to see if i can get the money for gas.. maybe have a friend come along and have him pay haha. what i usually do when i cant afford it haha. i've only been to Pozo once ( not wheelin ) so might be kinda hard to describe a place to meet haha

it is a sweet place to go wheelin. There is a jeep only trail at the top of the mountain that RobertF is talking about. Once you get into SLO you can take Tank Farm road all the way out to Lopez lake. Once you hit lopez lake you take a right, right before the sign., follow that all the way through. At the top of the mountail you can take a left or a right, left takes your to a campsite and right takes you into pozo at the rangers station. But right before the right or left turn marks there will be a little slope you go down to the right. take that for like 100 feet and you will see a sign that says SLO 4 WHEELERS. Its not a crazy trail but there is one spot that is kinda sweet. I took mine out there when i had a 4.5" lift locked rear on 31's and still had a little trouble getting up. Some big ass rocks... you should go, if i still lived down there i would be heading along with you guys. its beautiful up there especially this time of year... My axles right now are taken apart all i need to do is get some chevy flat top knuckles, spindles, caliper brackets and all the brake hardware for the front and rear. Once that is done ill be ready to go anywhere. well almost...

Smittty9785 said:
it is a sweet place to go wheelin. There is a jeep only trail at the top of the mountain that RobertF is talking about.

Il's called the Garces Wilderness 4x4 Trail, cherry-stemming into, you guessed it, the Garces Wilderness.

youll be fine if you have a full tank...

TwistedcaB said:
ok. think im gona bring a little extra just in case. had some close calls before haha
good call. better to be safe then sorry.

TwistedcaB said:
so's everyone still goin or what?

Saturday's good for me.
I haven't run it by GauchoMD yet.
Big Sal's got some work to do on the rig and regrettably can't make it.
01 XJ? Want to go get some dust on your rig?

Back