• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone here live in the 805 area..

Dude, its not that nobody wants that area, there just arent as many members in certain areas between the Sierra Chapter and SoCal chapter...at least not active members. Anything South of Bakersfield is technically SoCal Chapter. Even us in Santa Barbara are pretty isolated from most of the SoCal members, the majority of which live in LA and San Diego. We can always get a group together to go wheeling in our neck of the woods...

Yea, I'm used to being in SD and seeing a lot of people local. I really want to get my jeep out on some trails around here sometime soon.

GauchoMD said:
Hey Twisted! RobertF, myself (Jason), and JuryrigJalopy (Ken) all live in Santa Barbara...with SportyXJ between you in SLO and us here maybe we could do a run sometime soon? RobertF knows his trails, and my rig, so I'm down for wherever he wants to wheel.

By the way: Ken=Santa, KG=JuryRigJalopy. And don't count on me planning on going on a run. I am a fulltime student, work, and focus more on my aquatic hobbies more than jeeping, not that I wont go, I am just not in the position financially to commit to anything. In the coming years this school will pay off, then I will be able to play with ya'll more often.
-KG

GauchoMD said:
Sorry KG, wasn't commiting you to a run, just saying you live in town and could, potentially, go...

Thats cool:cheers:. I just hate it when people say that they are going to do something and had no interest/ability in going through with it.

I'm 805... about as far south 805 you can get. And thats only half the year; the rest of the year I'm 310.

But my cell phone is 818 to ensure I confuse everyone.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I'm 805... about as far south 805 you can get. And thats only half the year; the rest of the year I'm 310.

But my cell phone is 818 to ensure I confuse everyone.

Hey John I tried to call you a couple of times the other weekend, when you were heading up to Hungry Valley, about wheeling Miller that Saturday morning. I guess with the tent malfunction it wasn't meant to be!
Next time your'e on the mainland for a weekend, post up and we 805'ers should stir up some dust!

I just moved from Atascadero and worked in SLO. DAMN does SLO have the hottest spoiled rich chicks or what... SLO is bad ass in my opinion. Plenty of places to wheel in pozo and such, just nothing too estreme. Most people have no idea what the stair steps are and they are pretty tough. Proabley the toughest trail in SLO county...

GauchoMD said:
Hey Twisted! RobertF, myself (Jason), and JuryrigJalopy (Ken) all live in Santa Barbara...with SportyXJ between you in SLO and us here maybe we could do a run sometime soon? RobertF knows his trails, and my rig, so I'm down for wherever he wants to wheel.

im in. just gotta get some bump stops dont feel like crunching the fenders haha. if we could find a good place somewhere in the middle maybe that'd be awsome.

RobertF said:
Hey John I tried to call you a couple of times the other weekend, when you were heading up to Hungry Valley, about wheeling Miller that Saturday morning. I guess with the tent malfunction it wasn't meant to be!
Next time your'e on the mainland for a weekend, post up and we 805'ers should stir up some dust!

Absolutely!

I haven't gone hands free yet so my cell phone sees very little use now. Sorry I missed the calls, at the end of the night I was just exhausted and crashed.

September will be busy getting the Jeep ready for Moab but I will need a shakedown run before I go.

GauchoMD said:
I'll talk to Robert and see where/when we could go and PM you. When would be good for you?
ok sounds good. well i have School starting on the 27th and moving on the 5th haha. gona be a busy between those. so yeah sometime after the 5th on a weekend probally. and have to know how far it is so i know how much $$$ i need for gas.

Last edited:
Back