• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air filter, oil blowback?

George2 said:
Ding. Old Man: 1, Others: 0.

The front port should draw air FROM your filter, no matter what kind it is. There should ALWAYS be a vaccuum FROM it, when the motor is running. The rear port should always be ATTACHED to a vacuum, like from a port on your intake manifold. Once you pull that line, then everything under the valve cover is under engine pressure. If both lines were pulled, then you should effectively feel a "poofing" as the crankcase pressure blows through both lines.

Back port to a good vaccuum, front port to a source of clean, filtered air.
What would be the result if you had these lines backward? The rear of the valve cover to the air box and the front of the valve cover to the intake. I assume this is bad? Does this explain my oil loss through the exhaust? :dunce:

What about a high volume oil pump? Would that have anything to do with blow by?

Last edited:
I checked it and I do not have the hoses backward, as I thought, but what would happen if you did since I already asked?

I do need to check th valve cover and make sure that I do have baffles though. Should there be a baffle in both the front and rear of the valve cover?

Also, does a high volume oil pump make a difference in oil consumption/loss?

Thanks

Back