• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Compressor for OBA

I haven't had any problems with my conversion (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=994978). It does a great job of filling tires and I'm assuming whenever I get the chance to run air tools that it won't be a problem. I am considering rigging up a high-idle switch using the extended idle setup from a service XJ, but there are other things that require my attention right now.

ADVNTURR - where did you get that oiler? I got a tiny little inline oiler, it doesn't look anything like that though, I'll have to see how it works when it shows up in the mail.

I also find the one Oatmeal posted very interesting since it has the potential to let me leave the inline oiler out of the equation, I'll have to read it over more carefully this evening.

The particular lubricator I used is made by Parker and is considered a micro-mister type lubricator. It is overkill for the application, it is really meant to lubricate a system, not a single device. A lot of people do use the in-line ones similar to what you probably bought. The one I have has a much larger reservoir and has plenty of flow capacity so I wasn't worried about starving the compressor. If you get your in-line unit and find that you keep running out of oil or start having problems with it, you can find the larger ones like I have at a lot of places like Granger Industrial Supply (online) or even Harbor Freight or Sears if you look around the rest of their pneumatics supplies.

Good luck piecing your system together.

I have been told that the A/C Compressor can not be used for OBA becuase it would only last a few uses and then have to be replaced. Would I be correct then in assuming that they people where incorrect. Or does everyone simply go to a junk yard every know and then to replace the compressor when it goes bad?
I have been using a stock Ford compressor in my Yj for 5 years and never had a nissue. Will convert my Xj compressor to OBA soon. I wiouldnt worry about it. Install a filter on the air inlet and put some ATF in the inlet occasionally.

Back