• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
SO, what are people's experiences so far? How much you have to pay?
Trying to keep this as low threat as possible, so lets keep the GOP and DEM bashing to a minimum.

I'm planning on looking into it, just going to wait for the initial influx of people looking at it to die down (they did nearly shut the site down from web traffic after all!).........And as Dad suggested, let the folks on the assistor side of the system have other people to get experience from first ;)

I tried for about 3 hours last night. After creating a profile they send an email to confirm the address. That xonfirmation email will not work. Even through this morning... gonna keep trying.

Call them, the Obamacare toll free number is 800-318-2596 (800-F1UCK-YO......really)

That's why I'm waiting Eric, you might give it a week for things to die down. some stated were reporting millons if people looking at it on the first day. Supposedly we only had 60k looking here in Illinois, buy New York was apparently somewhere north of 7 million hits! One thing in the ACA I would love to see done by auto insurers is that if you don't have any claims that excede your premiums in a calender year, you get back 80% of that premium back. As badly and repeatedly I've been bent over for car insurance over theyears, there have been years I'd have gotten $800-$1000 a year back when I had my Lebaron and Shadow turbo cars, could be $300-$400 a year for my XJ and about the same for my 200..........that refund alone could go a long way to paying for health insurance for a year too!

"A recent CBS News investigation found that HealthCare.gov contains a pricing feature that tends to “dramatically underestimate” the cost of insurance. The website’s “shop and browse” feature divides users into two broad age categories: “49 or under” and “50 or older.”
Price estimates for the first age group are based on what a 27-year-old could expect to pay, whereas as the latter group’s price estimates are based on what a 50-year-old would pay, a practice that inevitably produces wildly misleading results for individuals significantly older than the base age.
In some cases, actual premiums are nearly double the projected amount. In the words of one industry expert, the feature is “incredibly misleading for people that are trying to get a sense of what they’re paying.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/363994/prosecute-healthcaregov-andrew-stiles

“The bottom line is that no private entity would be allowed to get away with what the Obama administration is trying to get away with.”

Sold to Congress via lies and deception, sold the American people with more lies and deception.....hope those who voted for Obama once and twice are wide awake and finally accept the fact that everything about Obama is a fraud.

I refuse to visit the site, and my care is through VA anyhow.

While I'm probably on 90% of every "list" known to Man by now, this is one list I refuse to be on. I knew it was going to be a bad scene when we couldn't get a straight answer about what was going on beforehand - from anyone - and it's been stinking worse than even I thought it would...

My neighbor signed up for it, went smoothly for him and now he can at least get 100% coverage for his wife. She's been having migrane issues of late and his current policy had a rider on it saying they refused to cover any issues related to her head (at least physical, maybe mental too, can't remember for sure), which now can't be done. Still need to look into it myself, just haven't had the chance to yet, kinda curious as to how it's actually going to work vs what is "reported" then later parroted on line.

I work for a very large international company, we always had a PPO plan though Blue Cross Blue Shield. Even though it was the worse insurance I have ever had, atleast they paid 100% of in plan expenses after the deductible.
Now, because of the ACA, the payout after deductible is less than before, and the deductible tripled; cost did not change.

My GF works for a small company, but has always been able to work with a Local HMO to get coverage. They have been told that because of the ACA, that they will no longer be able to get that insurance next year.

One of her co-workers husbands works for Kenworth. They told their employees that this coming year they will no longer offer anything other than employee only health insurance. So he will be covered, but she needs to fend for herself.

I haven't even tried the website as I needed to make an election before the website was up, so I'm stuck till next year.

Last edited:
When I got to work tonight my boss, BIG boss, safety manager and insurance lady was in the office. Weird being it was a saturday night. Asked what was up and they said that their insurance was getting ready to drop them...and all of their employees because our company didn't meet new requirements.

Glad I am on my wife's insurance. Being a state employee I'm not "too" worried.

"I promise, if you like the insurance you have, you can keep it"

if your insurance company chooses they could keep you on your current noncompliant plan until dec 31 2015, if they drop you before then it's on them...using the convenient excuse that it's the ACA doing it

no one stands to make more money from the ACA failing than the insurance industry

if your insurance company chooses they could keep you on your current noncompliant plan until dec 31 2015, if they drop you before then it's on them...using the convenient excuse that it's the ACA doing it

no one stands to make more money from the ACA failing than the insurance industry

This............

I refuse to sign up for socialized health-care.. They can spend 400k, 400m, or 4 tril.. I'm Glad its proven to be an epic failure, and I hope its Abolished sooner rather then later.

The Goverment should not be taking over Private markets. period.

how has it been a failure? mistakes and ****ups hell yeah but considering how ****ing lazy americans in general are most will wait till the last month instead of taking the time to do it right and then all this bitching will begin again that the site crashes or they didn't get the health plan they really wanted

Has anyone stopped to think about the reason WHY the government is pushing for socialized health care in our nation of 1%ers? Before taking judgment that I'm defending the Act, please read this entire post!

Let's dive in head first:

Simply put; I don't personally know of anyone that can afford the ridiculous prices of our health care system. As most people know by now, the majority of our nation lives pay check to pay check. With that in mind, how can anyone afford to fund the latest super high-tech hospitals, the Patrick Dempsey miracle doctors, their student loans, AND the deep pockets of the insurance companies? A good friend of mine's mother in law had to move to central America so she could actually afford to get treatments which cost $2,000 PER DAY here in the states. Same quality of treatment as in the US, yet only a fraction of the cost.

Now the first rational argument that comes to mind might be that these people simply need to spend their money wiser. While this may be true for some, the facts of wage history combined with steady inflation disproves the argument completely.

One recent story that highlights this problem came out not too long ago. McDonald's recently announced the creation of their "Mc Help-Line" which is supposed to help their employees (over 50% of them in fact) obtain government assistance in order to live. All in the name of good cheap food which as most will agree, isn't exactly cheap or healthy. Now take a minute and think about the process. The tax payers are literally now helping fund the lives of over half of McDonald's Employees! Now with the precedent set, It's only a matter of time before other imperialist companies follow suit.

Now let's go even deeper...

Over the past 40 years, the average wage for almost every profession has been stagnant in relationship to inflation. To counter this, some companies have implemented an inflation based raise across the board to all of their employees. However these same companies will typically just fire the employee once they've become too expensive and replace them with someone younger and cheaper. No news there right? So in a nut shell, the exec's keep their insane paychecks and bonus' while taking advantage of their employees.

The Independent research organization: State of Working America, has been doing research since the 70's, and has highlighted this in their book:

As noted above, tax policy has very little (if anything) to counter this insane corporate greed. After all, the people who write their own paychecks have ways to get around that. ;)

If after all this you still don't agree with me, do some research of your own. Go back in time and look at the historical average of your own wage (www.bls.gov). Then properly adjust the wage for market inflation of each year until today. This is exactly what companies do to adjust the pricing of their products, so why shouldn't you? Once you have your surprising findings, go into your bosses office and demand this adjusted wage. Riiiight. ;)

Wake up people. It's only a matter of time. :)

Once again, I agree H8PVMT........even though I haven't looked into it myself just yet:eek:

You agree with someone who is as ignorant as yourself on the subject......awesome.

Think for yourself and do your own research. Single payer healthcare is the endgame....Obama has made this very clear. The plan for single payer is built into the ACA program. It is designed to fail, allowing government to have full control of every aspect of your healthcare, with total control of the insurance market and require everyone to purchase the product at whatever rate the government requires, enforced by the IRS.

By definition, this is Communism.

It's all there to anyone to view, just read.

Back