• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 2dr 4wd vs. 99 4dr 2wd...

i got the 99.

Congratulations. It looks to be a nice ride with the bells and whistles.

workin on it!

Juan you got one good XJ. Equipped wise anyways, aint seen it yet LOL.

99 has the got head and intake together and the HP30 and big joints(doesnt apply to the 2wd though LOL). Wish I had looked into them better before I got mine. Id a got a 99 if I had.

99 didn't have the 0331 head on them, thats the one with the small exhaust ports on it it has the 0630 which is esentially the same and 7120 that came on the earlier HO it just doesn't have the second CTS because it wasn't needed with OBD-2 system sot they gave it a new casting number because it technicly was a different casting

the heads with the same exhaust ports 0331 were only in 2000 and newer 4.0's

Backup Documentation
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

so in theory, the 99 model year should have a higher HP rating than any other year. what about the exhaust manifold? was it the 2 peice design that ive seen for the later 4.0s or was it the tubular design of the earlier HOs?

'99s still had the tubular header. 2000 went with smaller port cast headers. You can't use the later header with the bigger exhaust port. The tubular header seems better but you need to add a flex joint to hook into the exhaust to prevent stress cracking. Or go aftermarket, but they can crack too.

I say get the 2 door. You can cut the hell out of it and still make it look decent. I put 40 inch drag racing wheel tubs in mine and it has room for 4.
t5llj9.jpg

installed the tc shifter and bracket, still removing parts from my rolled donor.

should be done before weeks out.

0129091233a.jpg

in the process of putting the front axle, longarms and wheels. that will make me feel better about getting underneath it to install the tranny+TC. oh and i picked up a transmission jack, sits at 12'' all the way dropped and rises more than 24''. its and old model.

DDDAAAAAMMMMMNN....your not wasting any time!!!

why not? all four corners are the same, black. and both bumper are desert sand. its a sport, not a classic. sports never got the bumper caps painted the body color.

0130092024.jpg

0130092025.jpg

4wd conversion done, almost.

DDDAAAAAMMMMMNN....your not wasting any time!!!

My thoughts exactly! :roflmao:

That thing looks Good! what size tires are you running?

Back