• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Chief (budget build)

Also finally decided to work on the tire carrier... using the stock tire carrier with my PNP bumper find.. drilled some holes cut out a slit of the latch part. And ,,,,boom

I have the same factory tire carrier, how did you go about the square pegs that the base plate uses to mount to the bumper? You said you drilled holes but wouldn't that give a little wiggle room?

SO far so good the carrier is pretty darn sturdy I haven't had any problems with wiggling.. I did drill 3 holes through the bumper cuz that's all I could fit where I needed to place it.. I used 3 long bolts with washers and nylon nuts on the other side and tighten them down pretty good..I am later debating weather to keep this set up and just weld it on or change it up.. other wise id recommend to weld it.. I can take pics later or tomorrow if I have time to show more of a close up.. I had wrote a lot more on this but had to start over cuz I accidently hit the back button and lost all my thought and what I wrote before... I thought about cutting off the little pegs but decided to keep them as I like how it gives a slight backspace between the bumper and baseplate to give a better angle for the carrier to come into the latching part ( in my opinion ) have only done a few runs so far with it so time will tell.... but so far no problems

Looking good! I'm glad to see those wheels getting some use. They sat on the side of my house for too damn long. How was Hollister? It didn't look too dry in your pics.

Looking good! I'm glad to see those wheels getting some use. They sat on the side of my house for too damn long. How was Hollister? It didn't look too dry in your pics.

Thanks man,, Im really diggin the rims ive always liked the black look of the steelies, so glade i was able to take them off your hands for u..it was pretty dry in Hollister the big water truck went around kinda wet things down a bit..

did the rear cut and fold came out nice just need to weld up some square tubing under it and it will be good to go!

Got the lower arms put in finally..

.... now starting on the locker

Thnaks Gordo. Well im still new to a lot of this so imo When I was in 4hi it seemed to be little rough but when I was in 4lo felt nice smooth. didn't get to wheel for long.. cuz I overheated :flamemad: so now its time to go from a closed cooling to a open cooling system see how that works and go from there.

Did you get the open cooling system swap done yet?

Oh yeah did it that same day. I have pics ill post up soon. changed the t-stat the t-stat housing all the hoses bought the new/used radiator from Tim also bought the overflow bottle etc. went really well and so far no problems I guess the 22nd will be the real test.

Dude, nice! Where'd you go?

Back