• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Chief (budget build)

dude! what pick n pull was that at? I was there like two weeks ago an they had no xj's for 50 miles... sweet find!

Ssan jose north. I saw it yhere on monday. That jeep was loaded. Even had a sunroof! Plus only like 120k miles. Too short of a life for a jeep, I wonder what was wrong with it. Im going to grab the 44 this friday if it's still there

Ssan jose north. I saw it yhere on monday. That jeep was loaded. Even had a sunroof! Plus only like 120k miles. Too short of a life for a jeep, I wonder what was wrong with it. Im going to grab the 44 this friday if it's still there

let me know if u need any help pulling the d44 off if u end up going to get it.

Man that thing was just chillin on the ground. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing it while it was half off. Hopefully its all still there, I seem to recall it being kind of half assembled.

If you ever need a spare set of hands on your build, hit me up. Not super wrench savvy, but I work for free. I'm down for any opportunity to get some xj experience.

If you ever need a spare set of hands on your build, hit me up. Not super wrench savvy, but I work for free. I'm down for any opportunity to get some xj experience.

right on man ill keep u in mind I have ur number still so ill give u a call. I have plenty of work that needs to get done on the rig so ill hit u up.

Alright today I painted the rear bumper i pulled from pnp..

So then I decided not to be lazy and change the bumper from the stock bumper

I Still have to do some modifying to keep my stock tire carrier.. shouldnt be to hard.. pics of that will come later when i have more time to work on the rig.
and the almost done look..

next im going to cut and fold the rear panels to match up with the bumper then weld on some armor to the bumper to keep it protected..

will update more as I go on. but here's for starters

You are pulling together a nice rig for not much money and a lot of luck. Lunch box used 1/2 price? You just might find yourself with a very nice rig at this pace.

You are pulling together a nice rig for not much money and a lot of luck. Lunch box used 1/2 price? You just might find yourself with a very nice rig at this pace.

thanks man! I am getting pretty lucky with this rig.. I feel like everything came so fast with a good price..

alright so today was a good day before i had to work..
I had some bad wheel studs so....

After I also put the track bar on today that i pulled from PNP..

both track bar and replacing the wheel studs where very easy.

Alright so Tuesday I finally got around to putting the new rims on

Also finally decided to work on the tire carrier... using the stock tire carrier with my PNP bumper find.. drilled some holes cut out a slit of the latch part. And ,,,,boom

so then yesterday DocMoe and I met up in Hollister for a little day fun bbq and light trial riding

it was nice out so I took the doors off

DocMoe doing his thing

Had some fun as well there was a fallen tree in the trail path so MR Doc used his winch to move it..

Back