• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.5-9" Rusty's Coil Pics

BMP_Racing

NAXJA Forum User
I had quite a few requests for pics of these so I decided to start a new thread. The free length was 23.5" and 21" weighted. That is with a stub bumper and no winch.

Brad

465047_16_full.jpg

465047_17_full.jpg

Last edited:
texasxj said:
looks good. what size tires are those? you have the 4.0 right?

33-1250's. I'm planning on keeping them until I get done swapping in a Dana 44 rear w/gears. I don't want to waste any money on the 35c that is currently in there.

Yea, I have a 4.0. Freakin great engine! You guys don't need me to tell you though! :lecture:

I will end up running a 35 or 36" tire of some kind eventually. First up though will be fabbing a custom long arm front suspension. My wish list is pretty fat these days!

Brad

my 350 will weigh the front down a hair more. i was thinking 36 iroks or 35 boggers or mud grapplers. I have a little less fender than you do so that will help. looks good anyway.

I dont know how that is possible if he has the 8+" Rusty's Lift coils. The RE HD track bar w/ Jonny Joint and required bracket it only good for up to 6" of lift. Unless he has only a few threads wound on there. This is my problem right now. I have the same coils and the RE HD trac bar and i have to get a longer one. Im thinking about getting the Rusty's one that is good for 8+ inches of lift. I dont feel right by only haveing a few threads on there and my axel is also off-center. Really annoying.

Yes sure as shi* that is the RE HD trac bar... just like mine threaded all the way out... It's going to bust off! How long has he had it there? I was pulling out of a driveway turned all the way to the right and had to gun it because someone was coming and the trac bar pulled out where the threads go into the jonny joint end piece. Whey doesen't he want to get the Rusty's one made for a 8" lift? Im going to as soon as i get the $ in like 3 weeks or so. Do you think that i would be able to sell my RE HD trac bar and brace on here? It's only been on my Jeep for one day =)

fdsa487 said:
Yes sure as shi* that is the RE HD trac bar... just like mine threaded all the way out... It's going to bust off! How long has he had it there? I was pulling out of a driveway turned all the way to the right and had to gun it because someone was coming and the trac bar pulled out where the threads go into the jonny joint end piece. Whey doesen't he want to get the Rusty's one made for a 8" lift? Im going to as soon as i get the $ in like 3 weeks or so. Do you think that i would be able to sell my RE HD trac bar and brace on here? It's only been on my Jeep for one day =)

You realize that for $0, you can redrill your track bar bracket on the axle side, right? Move it over 3/4" and you will be fine......

CRASH

Do you think that is wise? Do you know anyone that has ever done that before? This trac bar is for a lift up to 6". Yesterday i learned that i have 8.5-9" coils. I could redrill that whole over I have to look and see how much room there is to drill i dont want to weaken the spot... ALSO do you think by having an oblong whole that the track bar could slide to the left and ritght? Do you know what im saying? Does anyone have pictures of this?

OR are you saying drill a completely new hole? Is there enough room for that on there? My jeep is at home and im at work

It'll be fine.
Measure, to the right, 3/4" from the center of the original hole and drill a new one.

I believe the current count of people who have done this mod is now over 1.5 million.

Don't oblong the whole, that would be retarded. :wierd:

Drill a new hole 5/8" - 3/4" towards the drivers side. Move the nut-plate over and bolt it back up. It would be better to make a plate and reinforce the outer tab by welding the plate in, and then drilling. If you are doing light wheeling, it will be fine.

fdsa487 said:
Do you think that is wise? Do you know anyone that has ever done that before? This trac bar is for a lift up to 6". Yesterday i learned that i have 8.5-9" coils. I could redrill that whole over I have to look and see how much room there is to drill i dont want to weaken the spot... ALSO do you think by having an oblong whole that the track bar could slide to the left and ritght? Do you know what im saying? Does anyone have pictures of this?

OR are you saying drill a completely new hole? Is there enough room for that on there? My jeep is at home and im at work

fdsa487 said:
I might do that. I have to look though. I probably need more than 3/4 of an inch.

The rule of thumb is to have 1.5 times the diameter of the fastener engaged in the threads.

CRASH

edit: have you purchased the longer threaded assembly from RE yet?

No i called my sales man yesterday, Peter, and he said that they dont make that. Are you talking about the end piece (jonny joint) that screws onto the end of the track bar? They make a longer one of those? Because that is what I was asking him for and he said they dont make it. :mad: :mad:

fdsa487 said:
No i called my sales man yesterday, Peter, and he said that they dont make that. Are you talking about the end piece (jonny joint) that screws onto the end of the track bar? They make a longer one of those? Because that is what I was asking him for and he said they dont make it. :mad: :mad:

They may only make the longer one now. Measure yours and call him back with the dimension. They used to make a short on and a long one.

I just called them right now and he said and i quote "we used to make a longer one back in the day but now we only have one size"

HEY do you think that i would be able to sell the track bar and bracket on here for $200 since it's only been on for a day, well 2 days but who's counting. Im going to just get the Rustys one and bracket/brace for 220 dollars made for 8"'s of lift.

Not today though i have to wait a few weeks and now since i have to buy that it's going to set me back 2 MORE weeks from getting my long arm kit and that pissis me off!!! Im the dum a$$ though for not knowing that i had 8" lift springs... I just assumed that they were 6" and because of the nominal fender trimming that it just looked really, really tall. Ya know.

Back