• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th of July Campout

What nights will you be camping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roll call
Let me know how many in your party and what you will be driving/camping in.
Add your name to the list. The site is limited to 8 vehicles and 40 people.

Stephan (karstic) and Sonia + 2 Labradors-XJ and Bantam T3C trailer and tent

GSequoia and Sebastian. 1 XJ. Possible trailer but doubtful. Arriving Friday evening.
iMike and possible guest. 1 XJ. Arriving Friday evening.
5 confirmed persons, 3 Vehicles, 1 confirmed trailer[/QUOTE]

HandBuiltXJ party of two John+ Wife
driving the f150 out with the Cherokee on the trailer.
Will be sleeping in our trucks.

so 2 people 2 trucks (one will be on a trailer)

Carol + Eddie the dog—XJ. Sleeping in a tent.
1 person, 1 dog, 1 XJ

Karen + Les + Granddaughter—XJ and a pickup truck. Sleeping in a tent/
3 people, 2 dogs, 1 XJ, 1 pickup

Garrett (HeepSpeed)
1 person, 1 Vanagon (Correct me if my counts are off, Garrett!)

Justin (Darky) + wife
2 persons 1 vehicle. Tent camping. Might bring a dog, but unlikely

Subtotal thus far:
Adults: 12
Minors: 3
Dogs: 5 + whatever Mike or John bring
Vehicles: 8
Trailers (including vehicle trailers): 2

If vehicle count becomes an issue, we may be able to talk Les into parking somewhere else sort of nearby... he has to leave back home before Karen does, hence the extra vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys mind if I show up late Friday night? :angel:(midnight or 1am). I'm toying with the idea of leaving at 9pm to help avoid traffic. Otherwise I'll leave somewhere around 6am on Saturday.

Also - any plans for Sunday nighth yet? I can camp wherever an adv pass is allowed in the van :eyes:

Do you guys mind if I show up late Friday night? :angel:(midnight or 1am). I'm toying with the idea of leaving at 9pm to help avoid traffic. Otherwise I'll leave somewhere around 6am on Saturday.

Also - any plans for Sunday night yet? I can camp wherever an adv pass is allowed in the van :eyes:

I'm ok with you showing up at O-Dark-Thirty... Gonna show up cranking Megadeth?

And I think Stephan's trying to plot something for Sunday... Karen & Co. and I can pretty much camp wherever we can get to in our Jeeps. Karen & I are staying Monday night, too, somewhere, somehow.

I'm ok with you showing up at O-Dark-Thirty... Gonna show up cranking Megadeth?

And I think Stephan's trying to plot something for Sunday... Karen & Co. and I can pretty much camp wherever we can get to in our Jeeps. Karen & I are staying Monday night, too, somewhere, somehow.

No problem with a late arrival.

As far as Sunday night the arrangement that I was trying to work out for the Sunday nighters didn't. I can point out some spots on 2N04 for dispersed camping. Sonia and I will be camping elsewhere.

Ok, we are all packed up and ready to go just as soon as i get off of work tomorrow down in san diego.
Question though, how will i know which group campsite is ours?

I should be showing up between 2 and 5 pm driving a teal f150 and towing my xj on its trailer so if you see me and i look lost, please flag me down.

John

Ok, we are all packed up and ready to go just as soon as i get off of work tomorrow down in san diego.
Question though, how will i know which group campsite is ours?

I should be showing up between 2 and 5 pm driving a teal f150 and towing my xj on its trailer so if you see me and i look lost, please flag me down.

John

There's only one campsite. Its all ours!

I'll be monitoring the Big Bear reapeater 147.330 + 131.8.

IIRC I had cell phone reception at the CG

sieben eins vier sechs null neun sechs acht funf drei

I'll be monitoring the Big Bear repeater 147.330 + 131.8.

IIRC I had cell phone reception at the CG

sieben eins vier sechs null neun sechs acht funf drei

Wow.. Good thing Google translates!!

John, the coordinates are at the bottom of the map Karstic posted up. I think it's called Juniper Springs Group Camp, it's off Hwy 38 southeast of Big Bear Lake.

Translate Stephan's German version of his cell #, or call or text me at six19 six54 nine758...

I should be leaving the Carlsbad area around 5:15 at the latest, and probably no earlier than 4pm. I'll have Karen in her Jeep, and her bf Les in his truck, following in my footsteps and hoping that I know where I'm going.

I will be away from any personal computer use all day tomorrow, so if you need to reach me, CALL or TEXT me!!

See you on the mountain!
Carol

I think it's called Juniper Springs Group Camp,

NEGATIVE

Green Spot
Green Spot
Green Spot

Juniper Springs is the GC that we regularly stop at after maintenance. This one is closer to Sugarloaf and Big Bear.

NEGATIVE

Green Spot
Green Spot
Green Spot

Juniper Springs is the GC that we regularly stop at after maintenance. This one is closer to Sugarloaf and Big Bear.

Well that's good to know! I'll have to re-educate my GPS. I have the coords Karstic provided written down, but have the GC programmed in the GPS, and figured they were the same. That'll teach me!!

C-

Well that's good to know! I'll have to re-educate my GPS. I have the coords Karstic provided written down, but have the GC programmed in the GPS, and figured they were the same. That'll teach me!!

C-

It'd be nice to stay at Juniper since it's right next to the trail but Green Spot will make for easier supply runs.

Back