• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th of July Campout

What nights will you be camping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the correct coordinates are those in the middle on the bottom strip? The 34* 13.541'N / 116* 48.639W?

And is it easiest to take 2N93 off Hwy 38? I always go in thru Balky Horse/2NO4, and I'm always following someone. I don't think I have the Juniper site in my GPS, though I have lots of pix of it.

I couldn't tell you where I come back out of Juniper after the AAT runs, only that I turn right to go back into town, or left to go down the mountain thru Redlands, etc.

Yes the coordinates in the GE screen shot are correct. What is labeled "2N23" should be labled "2N93" The road opposite 2N93 is Hatchery Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=F...gIdra4J-SkHTYScZ7XEgDFC3MhDwAs5Aw&mra=pd&z=10

I am thinking about leaving my cherokee at home and bringing my f150 and quads instead.
Will my f150 with open diffs be able to fit on and handle the trails that we plan on going on this weekend?
And would my 2 little trail quads be allowed there?
Sorry so many questions, just trying to make this the most pleasurable experience for my wife so i can get her into it more.

John
aka "the user formerly known as FROG MAN JOHN"

The F150 should be able to handle 2N04, our adopted trail. The quads will not be able to take part on our trail though as it is a street legal only route. There are some green sticker areas on the mountain, if memory serves the closest one to us us Cactus Flats.

I'd bring the Jeep and have a dedicated quad weekend another time. :cheers:

I am thinking about leaving my cherokee at home and bringing my f150 and quads instead.
Will my f150 with open diffs be able to fit on and handle the trails that we plan on going on this weekend?
And would my 2 little trail quads be allowed there?
Sorry so many questions, just trying to make this the most pleasurable experience for my wife so i can get her into it more.

John
aka "the user formerly known as FROG MAN JOHN"

You can't ride quads out of the GreenSpot campground or on 2N04 our adopted trail. The closest staging area for green sticker trails is Cactus Flats off Highway 18 going down into Lucerne Valley.

The primary focus of this weekend is to work on 2N04. The daily agenda is to work on the trail until it gets hot or we decide to call it a day. The afternoons wll be open for whatever you want to do, go into town, go exploring, go fishing, whatever.

Roll call
Let me know how many in your party and what you will be driving/camping in.
Add your name to the list. The site is limited to 8 vehicles and 40 people.

Stephan (karstic) and Sonia + 2 Labradors-XJ and Bantam T3C trailer and tent

So the correct coordinates are those in the middle on the bottom strip? The 34* 13.541'N / 116* 48.639W?

And is it easiest to take 2N93 off Hwy 38? I always go in thru Balky Horse/2NO4, and I'm always following someone. I don't think I have the Juniper site in my GPS, though I have lots of pix of it.

I couldn't tell you where I come back out of Juniper after the AAT runs, only that I turn right to go back into town, or left to go down the mountain thru Redlands, etc.
Carol, meeting you at your work to Caravan up....You know where we are going, right ?

Roll call

Roll call

GSequoia and Sebastian. 1 XJ. Possible trailer but doubtful. Arriving Friday evening.
iMike and possible guest. 1 XJ. Arriving Friday evening.

5 confirmed persons, 3 Vehicles, 1 confirmed trailer

party of two
driving the f150 out with the cherokee on the trailer.
Will be sleeping in our trucks.

so in short...
2 people
2 trucks (one will be on a trailer).

Roll call

Stephan (karstic) and Sonia + 2 Labradors-XJ and Bantam T3C trailer and tent[/QUOTE]

GSequoia and Sebastian. 1 XJ. Possible trailer but doubtful. Arriving Friday evening.
iMike and possible guest. 1 XJ. Arriving Friday evening.
5 confirmed persons, 3 Vehicles, 1 confirmed trailer[/QUOTE]

HandBuiltXJ party of two John+ Wife
driving the f150 out with the Cherokee on the trailer.

so 2 people 2 trucks (one will be on a trailer)

Carol + Eddie the dog—XJ. Sleeping in a tent.
1 person, 1 dog, 1 XJ

Karen + Les + Granddaughter—XJ and a pickup truck. Sleeping in a tent/
3 people, 2 dogs, 1 XJ, 1 pickup

Garrett (HeepSpeed)
1 person, 1 Vanagon (Correct me if my counts are off, Garrett!)

Subtotal thus far:
Adults: 10
Minors: 3
Dogs: 5 + whatever Mike or John bring
Vehicles: 7
Trailers (including vehicle trailers): 2

If vehicle count becomes an issue, we may be able to talk Les into parking somewhere else sort of nearby... he has to leave back home before Karen does, hence the extra vehicle.

Roll call
HandBuiltXJ party of two John+ Wife
driving the f150 out with the Cherokee on the trailer.

so 2 people 2 trucks (one will be on a trailer)

Actually my wife will not be attending, hence i don't have to bring my pop up and i get to trailer my cherokee out instead. It will be me and my buddy Kendal.

Also, If parking is tight, I can park my f150 and trailer somewhere else once i drop off some of my gear. If anyone knows an area close by that i can park them within 15 minutes of camp, that would be fine by me.

Les contacted a friend of his who lives in Big Bear. His friend John said people are regularly catching their limits of trout ! This is really a good time fishing, specially for kids who are new to fishing. The fact that Scott shared with us that no one needs a license on July 2nd will make fishing this weekend a total blast !!! Please pencil in getting a line wet with me !

Back