• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th of July Campout

What nights will you be camping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure.

Who plans on camping Sunday night?

I may have a solution to the no campground issue, but I need a good head count and what kind of camping gear.

Karen (likely with 8ish yr old grand daughter) and I (vague possibility I'll have 18yo Alden "rock chucker" Horsley with me) are going home Tuesday. Tent camping, we both are fairly equipped for almost any level of camping facilities or lack thereof. We can re-up on water in town if need be, and we each have stoves/tents/sleeping bags/air mattresses/tables/water/food/tp/plastic bags/dogs... hell, you've seen what the back of my Jeep looks like... full to halfway up the windows with the back seat down.

:bs: You looked just as good with 3 hours as you did with 8.;)

Awwwww... :loveu:

Of course, that could be taken either way ("the 'beauty' sleep didn't help, ya crazy wench!!").

I just know I usually crave an extra 1/2 hr of time in the a.m. when we do those 9am startups for SoCal Fest... especially since water for my coffee likes to take its time boiling...

Should be high 40s at night, though, so at least I won't be melting ice water...

Who plans on camping Sunday night?

Not us. Sebastian and I will be leaving on Sunday, we have a prior engagement for Monday. My dad will likely join us, not sure if he'll want to stay over on Sunday.

I just know I usually crave an extra 1/2 hr of time in the a.m. when we do those 9am startups for SoCal Fest... especially since water for my coffee likes to take its time boiling...

I hear you. I don't know why I, as a nigh person, chose a hobby filled with a bunch of morning folk!

I'm 98% doing this one. Can I bring the dirtbike again? I would probably just wait and come up early Saturday morning to avoid Friday night traffic and stay through Monday with the van. Can the van make the campground?

I'm 98% doing this one. Can I bring the dirtbike again? I would probably just wait and come up early Saturday morning to avoid Friday night traffic and stay through Monday with the van. Can the van make the campground?

Garret you, the Vanagon and the bike are more than welcome. The Vanagon would have no problem getting to the campsite.

Ok the Coordinates are wrong on the recreation.gov website

GreenSpot.jpg

Ok, my wife might be down for this. We just need to know if there are bathrooms available, and if we can set up our pop up tent trailer on site.

John

Last edited:
Ok, my wife might be down for this. We just need to know if there are bathrooms available, and if we can set up our pop up tent trailer on site.

John

Bathrooms?

No, probably a pit toilet though.

As you can see in the above photo it is dirt to the campsite, but it's easy dirt (hey, even a Vanagan can make it!) so as long as it isn't a super-lowerider you should be slow but fine.

Pit toilets, non-potable water, picnic tables and a fire ring are onsite.

So should I get a dinky fishing pole and some bait? I haven't been fishing since I was a kid! I've decided against the dirtbike since I'd be alone on it. So who wants to give my sorry arse a seat? **This also means I'll use a shovel this time ;)

So should I get a dinky fishing pole and some bait? I haven't been fishing since I was a kid! I've decided against the dirtbike since I'd be alone on it. So who wants to give my sorry arse a seat? **This also means I'll use a shovel this time ;)
I have way too much fishing gear, I'll bring along some extra poles and will have bait etc. to share ! :)

Don't forget a license if you plan on going fishing.

Woo Hoo, my family is in. We will come up friday after I get off of work.
What time do we need to have camp broke down on Sunday?
Besides a couple of shovels, should i bring any tools to help?

John
aka HandBuiltXJ

Don't forget a license if you plan on going fishing.
I've got my fishing license for this year already in anticipation of lobster season! :gee:
I have way too much fishing gear, I'll bring along some extra poles and will have bait etc. to share ! :)
Thanks! That'll help me decide if I should get one for this August when I go up to Monache Meadows for 7 days!

Always ! I get my fishing license every December, it's my Christmas present to myself ! This year, I also plan on splurging and buy a catching license !

Lol... that took me a second to process...

You're welcome in my rig, Garrett, whether your arse is sorry or happy (as long as it isn't too noisy...).

Beware, Eddie might want to breathe in your ear, or sneak his tongue into it... He knows I'm off limits, but sees passengers as fair game (just ask Karen...that's why she likes riding bitch in my rig sometimes!!)

Ok the Coordinates are wrong on the recreation.gov website

GreenSpot.jpg
So the correct coordinates are those in the middle on the bottom strip? The 34* 13.541'N / 116* 48.639W?

And is it easiest to take 2N93 off Hwy 38? I always go in thru Balky Horse/2NO4, and I'm always following someone. I don't think I have the Juniper site in my GPS, though I have lots of pix of it.

I couldn't tell you where I come back out of Juniper after the AAT runs, only that I turn right to go back into town, or left to go down the mountain thru Redlands, etc.

Back