• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'3/4 Ton and Not going to be Done'

rear is a 60 and has been converted to discs

Ghost - not sure if it was a ford thing but I bought these axles from my friend who had them under his YJ and he got them from a guy in south LA where he bought the whole truck and scrapped/sold motor body etc. and kept them axles and rebuilt them... so i am not sure why the front has smaller studs than rear... I had to go with a 3 inch long stud - 2.5 or 2.75 would have worked but napa only had a 3.125 inch long stud in 9/16 - 18 tpi... they barely stock out the spacer so i trimmed them down to 2.9 - 3.0 inches to where the thread started... so I have damn near 100 bucks in lug studs! they were about 4 bucks each and I had to get a few more lugs that were MIA

pic of arms redone by andy @ ironman4x4 fab: he reused my joints - cleaned up the shanks and retapped/ recut the arms via lathe... also he had informed me that he has all new laser cut bracketry! pimp! They are being sent out Monday and have been powder coated! Customer service and communication could NOT be better!

qxum9w.jpg

more to come when they arrive... when they come in I can bolt em up and get axle centered and roll it in to the garage and get the rest buttoned up

so arms are "in" - as in bolted up and axle about where in needs to be in terms of east to west... rolling it into garage after Xmas to get ready for fabrication... will be nice to have a flat concrete pad forf assembly!

Hey man hope you get this done and too the Crawl! Andy you must be busy have not heard from you in a while!

soooo......... track bar came - bracket and brace - well, well worth the wait! (dang snow and ice)

i can not say enough good things about the quality and craftsmanship that the boys at ironman 4x4 fab put out... top notch

mvjhwg.jpg

soooo......... track bar came - bracket and brace - well, well worth the wait! (dang snow and ice)

i can not say enough good things about the quality and craftsmanship that the boys at ironman 4x4 fab put out... top notch

mvjhwg.jpg

Ye ano doubt. I'm hoping to go see him soon with the heep and get a custom one of those!

Is that rubber at both ends of the track bar? lastara

Is that rubber at both ends of the track bar? lastara

I don't believe so. I think its the same stuff that is used in the aftermarket spring bushings and CA and engine mounts.

a good point but if andy can chime in I am sure he will explain why he uses 88 durometer poly on the ends of my track bar and his other aftermarket control arms. I feel that it will provide sufficient flex for my set up.

couple more pics - tennis ball for reference:

29bmtw.jpg

1g5fld.jpg

10h0j8o.jpg

My experience has shown me a TRE or a rod end (a hard joint) on one end resists DW significantly as parts start to wear (even OEM). Most other aftermarket companies seem to do this with their aftermarket track bars.

Back