• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'3/4 Ton and Not going to be Done'

I would have to agree with Cracker on that.

After a week in Moab Redheep's very similar trackbar had toasted bushings on both ends and had the DW at anything above 35MPH. It actually cost us a day tracking down bushings in CO when the giveaway XJ had to be trailered.

huh i never even thought about that ... all aftermarket track bars do have a flex joint or heim with a bushing on the other end... the jeep will see street time so i will keep tabs on the bushings

I run rod ends at both ends but the ones I do for others usually has a rod end at one end and rubber or a joint on the other.

Good luck.

so ya it is not trail ready by any means...

got the track bar, brace and frame mount bolted up - everything fit 100%! again props to andy and the custom track bar! first time in a year the axle has been centered under the heep - scary i know but it is progress!

but i have run into an issue...

since my long arms are straight, I am having some major binding at the axle end and some at the joint end. The iron rock off road X member I am using inboards the frame side control arm mounts a couple of inches relative to the unirails thus putting everything into such a bind that I do not like it at all... the IRO arms and some other companies put a compound bend in the arm for tire clearance at full lock and ground clearance... so once the heep gets back to my shop I am taking the X member off, going with a stock tranny mount/ x member for now and getting some ballistic heavy duty frame mounts to go on my uni rails (which have the HD engineering stiffeners) just in front of the stock X member bolts. This will allow the arms to be inline with the axle side mounts and the frame side mounts and give me much more thread engagement at the joint end...

now I could angle the axle side control arm mounts or move them inward but i still need to push the axle forward the get the coils to be at the correct angle so by going with new mounts in front of the stock x member i can get everything where it needs to be

with the ballistic wheel spacers, hummer rims and a 12.5 tire I might get some rub from the 38's at full lock but it is all good - not enough to worry about

pics to come

so this is for sale

i do not have the time to finish it

i got the jeep where it will drive on a trailer but that is about it

the fuel pump power relay is giving me trouble but the fuel guage still works as well as the pump when it has 12 volts

new battery

hydro assist hooked up and mounted to ballitic fab clamp and psc tabs

tnt truss welded 1/2 way (for mock up)

iron man 4x4 long arms with currie joints and adjustable uppers with ballstic fab link mounts

new app off road tcase skid

grade 8 bolts and summit machine misalignments hooked up for the 3/4 heims for the steering (1/4 dom @ 1.5 inches)

hummer h2 rims with 35'' rollers

doors back on with doorless mod

check out the SEC forum for sale/ wanted for pics and more details

'Not going to be Done'

hmmm....some one called that .!. :D .!.

Sorry you are giving up on it.

hmmm....some one called that .!. :D .!.

Sorry you are giving up on it.

yeah i know you called me out and were right :rof:

I am traveling a lot more and if i had the time I would finish it but not having a place to work on it kinda kills it for me. Also, it is once was a priority and has been on the back burner for over a year even with new parts from iron man 4x4, finally a good set of full width axles, etc...

Yeah I know! And those are slick 35 bfg's
Front is now welded for cheap traction ... Can't wait to see it on real tires.

Back