• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'3/4 Ton and Not going to be Done'

credit the title to cracker - doesn't he just crack you up?

FYI - the iron rock cross member and 35 inch eye to eye arms are just a little too long - mine will end up in the 33 inch range with the tnt/treks HD weld lower control arm brackets and the bigger tubes of the HD 44

the iron rock x members mounts sit inline with the tranny mount for reference like the claytons, etc...

just double checking...

i need the 1310 to 1350 u joint to go from jeep drive shaft to axle correct? I am measuring it tonight but wanted to see if anyone knew off hand.

just double checking...

i need the 1310 to 1350 u joint to go from jeep drive shaft to axle correct? I am measuring it tonight but wanted to see if anyone knew off hand.

If its a 1310 to 1330 joint you are looking for its a 134 at advanced.

Any update on this?

:doh:

Hey man I have a shorter set of those long arms on the floor ready to go if you wanna send the others back.... They have the new laser cut parts and everything etc.
I know you had asked for a pic a while back. This is a crap pic but you can see the length difference and the 5/16 laser bracket as opposed to the 1/4 hand made.
longarms-1.jpg

so i worked on the heep today for the first time in ages!

got ballistic spacers on 3 wheels - napa only had 8 in stock and is bringing me the last 8 wheel studs on monday for the passenger side rear dana 60 (had to get longer studs to fit spacers on rear - front was ok)

got control arms off to go back to andy at iron man 4x4 to get shortened or swapped out for his XJ long arms... the arms i had him make me ended up being about 3 inches too long and I am JUST getting around to putting them back in the mail! (been busy as all can get out...)

tires are 38 inch tsl/sx - 12.5 wide on a H1 12 bolt hummer rim with ballistic 8 lug spacers - they look too skinny but they have grown on me

just put on warrior tube doors about 2 weeks ago

once arms get back i can get front axle where it needs to be - roll it into garage and get the exo cage work done, track bar, drag link and mount ram for hydro assist ( everything plumbed and ready to rock - just need to mount ram)

here are some poor pics of the sad ole' girl...

vnfqjt.jpg

e9htlj.jpg

23h52k9.jpg

and my friend Ben helping with rear spacer

15n0e49.jpg

oh forgot to add that the rear axle has the disc brake conversion from ruff stuff and the rear axle has been stretched about 7 inches using nissan titan leafs w/o overload pack paired with Andy @ ironmans stress relief shackles

the whole jeep is ugly and needs a lot of body work done but I really am close to getting it to drive for the first time in over a year now... bear with me!

the way that thing is resting cocked on your lawn and driveway supported by multiple hi-lifts and a floor jack frightens me

Ok ya it is ugly and a little scary :eek:

I have the old RK long arms on it now as well as ratchet straps X-ing the front underneath with a grade 10 chain on front in case the axle wants to go anywhere... until i get my arms back from andy it has to sit like this until we are ready to roll it into the garage and get on with the front axle swap

the reason it is crooked is that there is no track bar/ panhard bar installed yet

it really is safe and is sitting on its own weight... the floorjacks were for the rear axle spacers to install

the hi lifts are only like 2 clicks in and are taking some of the strain of the coils and the bushings on the bilsteins

i forgot to get a rear shot but the outside to outside tire measurement will be great... the backspacing of the hummer wheels with the spacers is only a couple inches wider than stock so i will some stance with the stretch but be able to tuck my front tires in for turning radius on tight trails

here are some pics with all 4 wheels on - the front will sit a couple inches lower of course

143gv0w.jpg

141gkz.jpg

30d821e.jpg

once i get the long arms back on, the track bar, rear exhaust relocation, rear traction bar mount and exo work done then it is off to my shop to get cleaned up and the TNT truss painted and doors back on as well as rocker replacement (2x6 mod) ... also have a 44/60 pair of solid diff covers to install at some point

luckily the front u joint on the front drive shaft is the same and my front driveshaft will live about the same as stock length... i had extended it a couple inches with my last set up so it will be cut back down

quick question: the lug studs on the rear axle are a 9/16 - 18 and the front axle studs are like a 1/2 -18... axles came out of same truck... any reason why they would be different sizes?

Last edited:
I like it. Has a Mad Max look to it.

I'm in the Doraville area outside 285, would love to come by and help if I can....at the very least I can stand around and drink beer!

Shoot me a PM.

Ok ya it is ugly and a little scary :eek:

quick question: the lug studs on the rear axle are a 9/16 - 18 and the front axle studs are like a 1/2 -18... axles came out of same truck... any reason why they would be different sizes?

Was the rear converted to disk? When I did my rear conversion I had to go to the bigger studs in order for the studs to stay in place. That may be right Front is D44 correct? Rear a D60 ot a 14B?

Back