• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Build - 4.6 Stroker, Long Arms, 44/8.8 Combo

i just swapped a front driveshaft for a buddy with the TNT belly pan. there's space, but not a lot. i used one of those ratcheting wrenches with a swivel. wasn't really too hard.

Cool, thanks for the tip.. i have a shorty ratcheting wrench that should work good i hope.

152572_lg.jpg

i was too lazy to go looking for a picture earlier, but this is the basic idea of mine. but mine's craftsman... the shorty should be ok. i'd do the entire tcase end first, then do the axle side with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

jeep looks sweet. get it dirty!

152572_lg.jpg

i was too lazy to go looking for a picture earlier, but this is the basic idea of mine. but mine's craftsman... the shorty should be ok. i'd do the entire tcase end first, then do the axle side with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

jeep looks sweet. get it dirty!

Thanks for the pic!

Ill be getting it dirty soon enough - i need to do some minor things before i do though. Ill have details in the next few days.

Havent updated this in a while. I got out this past weekend and did some wheelin'. Jeep did fantastic, other than the tcase wont go into 4 lo. When i got home i noticed 2/3 motor mount bolts broke off in the block. So i think the engine is leaning which is tweaking the shift linkage for the transfer case. I know for a fact that it shifted into 4 lo when i had the case out of the jeep for the SYE. I also lost a fender flare, so those will be coming off to do some trimming.

Anyway here are a few pics..

SDC10082.jpg

l_470d4e5de97e4d68a8cfbc8eb90a6620.jpg

l_e91fd34c68cc4f438e6af186f5004acd.jpg

SDC10110.jpg

SDC10111.jpg

SDC10112.jpg

SDC10092.jpg

SDC10093.jpg

DSC_5208.jpg

DSC_5216.jpg

DSC_5244.jpg

DSC_5248.jpg

DSC_5253.jpg

DSC_5281.jpg

I also made a steering box plate and inner tow hook reinforcement. Ill throw some pics up tomorrow. After taking it out for the first time, makes me wish i had the 44/60 in there. I will be working on those within the next few weeks.

Nice build. I don't know how you managed to keep up with what your plans were for all those different Jeeps... You make me want to go buy a new one and start fresh though.

How do you lose frame stiffiners???:doh:

No clue, but the ones UPS lost showed up like 2 weeks after the replacements were sent. So TNT had to have UPS pick up them back up.

The bummer part of it is i still havent installed them, b/c i havent had no time to drop my belly ban to have them welded up.

looks like you were able to do quite a lot without having 4LO. i'd get that motor mount situation taken care of pronto though. if that ever happens again and you want to still use 4LO, just pop the linkage off the tcase lever and adjust the case by hand.

looks like you were able to do quite a lot without having 4LO. i'd get that motor mount situation taken care of pronto though. if that ever happens again and you want to still use 4LO, just pop the linkage off the tcase lever and adjust the case by hand.

I was able to go through a lot, but with a lot of high RPM wheel spin, especially on the rocky stuff. Im lucky i didnt snap an axle.

I will be taking care of the motor mount tomorrow. I plan on posting pics as well.

I broke 2 out of 3 motor mount bolts on the drivers side of my engine last weekend wheelin.

I only had about an hour to work on this tonight, but it gave me enough time to get the motor mount bracket off, and the bolts extracted from the block. I still need to buy new bolts, and finesse the motor mount back into place.

Anyways, i started off with this:
SDC10186.jpg

Basically the rear bolt was the only one holding it in place, the bottom bolts head popped off, and the front bolt broke off flush.

So started off by supporting the engine and took the back bolt of the engine mount out. Then I took the main bolt that goes though the frame motor mount out. Dropped the bracket down.

Once that was out, the bottom bolt was able to come loose with a set of vice grips. Then i had to start drilling the front bolt. It was kind of a pain because i barely had enough room to give the center punch a few good whacks. I used a 90 degree drill attachment that i bought from harbor freight for $12, which worked out perfect! I used the same attachement to drill the inside holes for my TNT belly pan. So, I drilled the bolt, and then used an easy out. It came right out, luckily with no problems.

Heres the 90 degree attachment and broken bolts.
SDC10187.jpg

I will hopefully get new hardware tomorrow, and finish off the project. While im at it, i also have to fix a broken steering box bolt that i snapped trying to take the bolt out. So i will do a small write up on that too.

I also mentioned i had a steering box plate made and an inner tow hook support made as well. I basically took the measurements, and had my buddy cut the steel for me. The steering box plate is made out 3/8 plate steel. And the inner bracket is made out of a piece of angle iron. I had him weld 2 nuts on the inside of the angle. I also made an inner bracket that goes behind the core support with 2 bolts that go through the angle iron. So basically the front tow hook shouldnt be going anywhere..

SDC10184.jpg

SDC10185.jpg

I still need to install the very back bolt. I will do that when i fix the steering box bolt, that i snapped.

Back