• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Build - 4.6 Stroker, Long Arms, 44/8.8 Combo

Wow cuz I sold one just like that to a guy around Cleveland in April. It had a 3" rancho and 2" spacer lift. Crap trailer wiring for the fuel pump. 4.0l and 5 spd and had a not so high quality paint job and it used to be gray. And new cragars

Man it looks just like that one.

Wow cuz I sold one just like that to a guy around Cleveland in April. It had a 3" rancho and 2" spacer lift. Crap trailer wiring for the fuel pump. 4.0l and 5 spd and had a not so high quality paint job and it used to be gray. And new cragars

Man it looks just like that one.

Hmm - its funny because this one was repainted too (used to be grey)..and the damn wiring was hacked by the previous owner. One of my good buddies is the proud owner of it now, and hes actually in the process of selling it to another person..

Sure you had it for 4.5 years?...it used to have a busted TC too...little debt in the rear end cap...small paint chip at the drivers side mirrors and the whole thing is painted back just on the outside...

I received some more parts within the past week. The only thing im waiting on is my frame stiffeners and y link. The stiffeners shipped out last tuesday, and is held up in some random state b/c of UPS. The y-link shipped yesterday so thats great.

Here are my coils and trac bar (both rough country.) They are in primer right now, they will be painted silver.
jeepbuild004-1.jpg

I got my PORC SYE
jeepbuild005-1.jpg

I bought some new tires. I was gonna go with 35's. But dishing out $800 for new tires right now didnt seem to economical, due to the fact i will be going bigger once my 44/60 is done. So i settled for some 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser MT's that was a little easier on my wallet. I guess i dont have to worry about breaking axles AS much as i would with 35's.

Pretty close to the BFG KM2 or the Pro Comp MT.

jeepbuild002-1.jpg

jeepbuild003-1.jpg

Thats about it for now, until i receive my Y link and stiffeners. My jeep will be lifted by the end of next weekend!

I still have to buy some break lines. Im probably gonna go with rubber ones from a chevy or YJ. I still gotta do some more research on what will work. I also gotta buy some shocks, but im just going to go with some el cheapos from advance for now..

35" tires, how much lift?

i would not use that small TRE trackbar. i know it would cost more, but a HD trackbar and bracket mounted in double shear is what you really need for the big tires and lift height.

35" tires, how much lift?

i would not use that small TRE trackbar. i know it would cost more, but a HD trackbar and bracket mounted in double shear is what you really need for the big tires and lift height.

Ill use the track bar up until i get my axles going - thanks for the tip though..

I got some more parts in - Tomorrow (actually today) is a green light for tearing the jeep apart!

The TNT Y-link & belly pan being painted. By the way - the y-link/belly pan is waayy beefy! Definitely dont feel bad about dropping down 3/4 of my tax return on it anymore..

jeepbuild009.jpg

jeepbuild011-1.jpg

I still havent received my frame stiffeners. UPS Lost them and TNT was in the process of making another batch. So the frame stiffeners will go on last instead of first, which kind of sucks.

More pics to come tomorrow night : ) I have a pretty big list that i hope to accomplish my Sunday night:

(In no particular order)

* Get lift installed
* Install SYE & get new u joints installed in drive shafts
* Paint and install zj tie rod / buy new tie rod end
* Change Oil, Tranny fluid/filter
* Buy & install rear 02 sensor
* Install my coil pack brackets that ive been procrastinating on
* Mount Tires
* Figure out why my brake lights arent working - grrr
* Measure and buy shocks
* Make shock brackets for front
* Buy Brake Lines
* Install this fitch catalyst to see if it works
* Extend vent tubes for diffs/ tranny/ tcase
* Fix my exhaust leak - hopefully its just the doughnut at the downtube

That doesnt sound to bad by sunday - right?

which vendor sold you the y-link kit? how long did it take from purchasing to actual arrival?

So much for my optimistic list of things to do this past weekend. I definitely didnt get as much done as i planned. I have the rear just about buttoned up with the exception of a brake line & hose and throwing the shocks on. I also have to cut down my u bolts. The front is basically all torn out. I still gotta remove the upper control arms and cut off my OE mounts. I started to measure all the holes for the belly pan, but i ran out of time today. I want a full day to work on it to make sure things are precise. I also ripped the tcase out, and threw in my SYE and the tcase is back in.

Here are a few pics, not the best though.

Tcase torn apart
syeinstall.jpg

Ill get one during the day..
jeepbuild015.jpg

Old parts pile
jeepbuild014-1.jpg

Some things i've learned:

* The gas wrench and impact gun are your friends : )
* Buy a really good set of flat snap ring pliers if your doing an SYE
* If installing TNT long arms, be prepared to spend at least $50 for a few taps, a hole saw, and a unibit.
* Never plan on having things go right..

Things that i have to do to get this thing drivable:

* Finish y link install
* install shocks / brake hoses
* Install trac bar
* Buy a new tranny mount because the old bolts broke when un bolting them
* Get wheels and tires mounted (still havent done that)
* Fix exhaust ( i think the leak was coming from the doughnut gasket at the down pipe)

I can do the other stuff i mentioned earlier later..

Here she sits as of today.

IMG00071-20090405-1732.jpg

Its 95% done. I need to adjust the caster, and go back over everything to make sure i didnt miss anything. I also have to put the front drive shaft in - which is going to be a pain in the rear b/c of the belly pan!

I'm pretty happy for now. It drives a lot better than my previous lifted jeeps!

i just swapped a front driveshaft for a buddy with the TNT belly pan. there's space, but not a lot. i used one of those ratcheting wrenches with a swivel. wasn't really too hard.

Back