• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 D44s @ Ontario PAP

Oatmeal said:
$350 is a good deal. The axles that I've pulled were always in usable condition, just clean them up put oil in and run them. Price a new, ready to bolt in (similarly equipped) axle from Dynatrac or Currie and $350 dosen't sound like much.....yeah, I know we're comparing used to new but, the axle in my '96 is pretty much the way it came from the yard (other than the disc brake swap I did) and it's been fine for over 2 yrs now. Also, the 44s are pretty elusive so, even finding one is tough......although I seem to find them when I'm looking for other (Toyota:)) stuff:dunno:-------Hans

Thanks for the support.........SANTA

GauchoMD said:
By the way, I did say that 1) I've never done it myself so I don't know how labor intensive it can be, and 2) Your time is money, so it should be worth something for you to pull the axle. I wouldnt expect for someone to go to PAP, pull an axle, then turn around and sell it to me at cost. It would be nice though, haha, j/k! Like I said, I was just trying to give my opinion as to why those of us who neither live close enough, nor have the tools/mechanical inclination to do it ourselves might think a better deal may present itself in the near future... I wasn't picking a fight hasta

:peace: Jason

Way off topic but....I dont think that anyone was ever refering to you. My rant was more refering to a guy that I went completely out of my way to setup the axle delivery then he suddenly didnt have any money for a d44. I know it happens, Im a poor student, but I go through with things when I say I will.

juryrigjalopy said:
Way off topic but....I dont think that anyone was ever refering to you. My rant was more refering to a guy that I went completely out of my way to setup the axle delivery then he suddenly didnt have any money for a d44. I know it happens, Im a poor student, but I go through with things when I say I will.

Its cool, I didnt think anyone was attacking me...I was just kind of giving my opinion on why someone hasnt jumped at the chance to buy your axle, or oatmeal's. I guess its also harder from some during the Holidays to spend on their Jeep when they're supposed to be buying worthless gifts for their loved ones! :doh: As I've said in other posts and threads, I totally respect everyone in here. The way I've seen everyone help each other out, myself included (Thanks again Rob), is awesome :worship: .

GauchoMD said:
I guess its also harder from some during the Holidays to spend on their Jeep when they're supposed to be buying worthless gifts for their loved ones!
my jeep is one of my loved ones :twak:

:D

GauchoMD said:
Its cool, I didnt think anyone was attacking me...I was just kind of giving my opinion on why someone hasnt jumped at the chance to buy your axle, or oatmeal's. I guess its also harder from some during the Holidays to spend on their Jeep when they're supposed to be buying worthless gifts for their loved ones! :doh: As I've said in other posts and threads, I totally respect everyone in here. The way I've seen everyone help each other out, myself included (Thanks again Rob), is awesome :worship: .
I also, wasn't attacking you. I've dealt with guys that "really want" your: D44, radiator.....fill in the blank________, only to have them flake and totally blow you off when you've turned others down saying: "I already promosed it to so and so".....it gets annoying. I myself have sold three and passed on info when ever I've run across them (even the one with the Detroit and Deaver springs.......still kicking myself for not checking that one out closer). If you want one, shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to grab one for you-------Hans

And I got the other. :D

Thanks Hans.

Last edited:
Clean-RC said:
Thanks Hans for the heads up... I just got back and grabbed the only jeep one I found.. There is two Izuzu Rodeo's there with D44's and disc brakes...

Anyone done the Izuzu disc brake swap?

Sorry for the Hijack, I have a Izuzu dana 44 taking up space.
PM me if anybody is lookin for one.

Russ

Clean-RC said:
Thanks Hans for the heads up... I just got back and grabbed the only jeep one I found.. There is two Izuzu Rodeo's there with D44's and disc brakes...
xjohnnyc said:
And I got the other. :D

Thanks Hans.
Cool, I'm glad you guys grabbed them!
Jump This said:
For those of you who do not know....
Ron is the 'anti' junkyard dog.

God, I love junkyards! It's all day entertainment for $2! It's like treasure hunting to me, I guess I'm just a junkyard junkie:D-------Hans

Oatmeal said:
$350 is a good deal. The axles that I've pulled were always in usable condition, just clean them up put oil in and run them. Price a new, ready to bolt in (similarly equipped) axle from Dynatrac or Currie and $350 dosen't sound like much.....yeah, I know we're comparing used to new but, the axle in my '96 is pretty much the way it came from the yard (other than the disc brake swap I did) and it's been fine for over 2 yrs now. Also, the 44s are pretty elusive so, even finding one is tough......although I seem to find them when I'm looking for other (Toyota:)) stuff:dunno:-------Hans

It took me 6 months of looking down here in SD to find one in the yard. Had I not found one, I'd have given 300-350 for a complete one drum to drum. I looked at it this way, either wait for one to show up in the yard, or cough up the cash. You're paying for convienence and someone else crawling around in the mud and dragging an axle out of the yard when you pay the $350.

Jump This said:
For those of you who do not know....
Ron is the 'anti' junkyard dog.

Hehe, his comment when I snapped that 44 shaft at JV on 33's was. "Junkyard shafts..."

Spent the money on front shafts figuring I'd be alright with the JY ones in back, so far I've bent the flange on the passenger shaft, and snapped a drivers at the splines. Time for alloy's. :) Then it will only be a junkyard housing, as everything else was new.

I thought about getting a housing from a junkyard once.

Me: "Do you have a clean, non junk one"?

Them: _

I went to Currie instead.

--ron

markw said:
.......You're paying for convienence and someone else crawling around in the mud and dragging an axle out of the yard when you pay the $350.
Well put!--------Hans

Speakin of 44's, My wife went out this morning with my daughter early in the AM, and since I had really nothing to do today...(first time in months!) I figured I'd go to the local junkyards and do some lookin... Went to Wimington PAP...All XJ's been stripped of rear ends and the others were crap... Went to the other PAP down the street, found an MJ but D35...(Good tailgate though going to go back and get that..) And as a last resort drove over to Ecology..I was just going to go home, but decided $2 more bucks isn't going to brake the wallet.... So as soon as I walk in and over the the truck/SUVs they were putting a white MJ on the stands..AND LOW AND BEHOLD!!! An MJ D44:yelclap: However I was in my Honda... So I sped home to switch cars with my wife, picked up my son and tools and went back grabbed it along with the leaf packs..... Someone up above :worship: was looking out for me!

Good way to spend quality time with the child!

ScottyDog

Back