• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another D44 @ PAP

What person wouldn't know a detroit locker was in their?
Oatmeal, all you have to do is SPIN the rear tires, that will tell you all !!:sure:

Lol So what sound does the Detroit make while spinning? I just bought a D44 and both of the tires spin but its completely stock! The only way to tell what locker you have is to remove the cover! Unless its an OX,ARB,or Electra lock.If there is a sound or some kind of spin let me know.

naxjaking said:
What person wouldn't know a detroit locker was in their?
Oatmeal, all you have to do is SPIN the rear tires, that will tell you all !!:sure:
Listen, genuis, I have Detroits in my other two 4X4s so, I know what to look for had I been looking for a Deroit in a junkyard axle. Being as I had come across five other XJ D44s before this one (none of them having Detroits) I wouldn't have expected this ONE to have one either. I just glanced at it (didn't spin a tire) and passed the find on to fellow XJ owners that might be in need one (I could have used that friggn Detroit, though!). And it's THERE not their, smart guy----------Hans

TackerT said:
Lol So what sound does the Detroit make while spinning? I just bought a D44 and both of the tires spin but its completely stock! The only way to tell what locker you have is to remove the cover! Unless its an OX,ARB,or Electra lock.If there is a sound or some kind of spin let me know.
If both tires are spinning in the same direction, it's probably a Trackloc L/S, a Detroit will allow one tire to spin but, will make a "ratcheting" sound--------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Listen, genuis, I have Detroits in my other two 4X4s so, I know what to look for had I been looking for a Deroit in a junkyard axle. Being as I had come across five other XJ D44s before this one (none of them having Detroits) I wouldn't have expected this ONE to have one either. I just glanced at it (didn't spin a tire) and passed the find on to fellow XJ owners that might be in need one (I could have used that friggn Detroit, though!). And it's THERE not their, smart guy----------Hans

geeze Hans...next time you better spin the tire before you call me...Can you also spin some tires on an 8.8 I need a junk yard detroit for that.....J/K

Justin

Oatmeal said:
I wouldn't have expected this ONE to have one either.

lets see, the lift, deaver rear springs, and the "vehicle equipped with a locker" sticker werent good enough leading indicators that this thing might have had something special going on??

MJlogan said:
lets see, the lift, deaver rear springs, and the "vehicle equipped with a locker" sticker werent good enough leading indicators that this thing might have had something special going on??
LOL... those deavers still there?

MJlogan said:
You, know I saw that spring pack (don't know about the Trail Disaster front coils though) and I thought "nobody in their right mind would junk a high dollar spring pack, so....it has to be some junkyard (stiff) pack someone put together" besides I had tunnel vision....I was looking for a steering box for my Toyota p/u. I should have let my buddy talk me into grabbing it. Like I said, I just glanced at it and now I'm kicking myself!-----------Hans

Leep said:
Ah hahahahahahaha, prob not. But I did get a gas tank skid yesterday from the adelanto ecology.
nice Dennis, im gonna have to go one day, its just so damn hot to go to ontario and wrench in the dirt.

TackerT said:
1/2 price day is the first Saturday of every month.At the Ontario and three other PAP on that map you can grab on the way out.

Are you sure about that? I Called Monrovia PAP. told me axels wont be on sale till "the big sale in sept."

MJlogan said:
try a detroit
Who would ever think to crack her open though? I know I wouldnt. I just picked one up in Adelanto. I still havently cracked it open. Did you just decide to take it or did you know it had the detriot at the yard?

Osmin C said:
Who would ever think to crack her open though? I know I wouldnt. I just picked one up in Adelanto. I still havently cracked it open. Did you just decide to take it or did you know it had the detriot at the yard?

I just read the rest of the post....:peace:

okay let this thread die before every cherokee owner in socal sees it and all the xjs in the yard are stripped

There's some Isuzu D44's up here in Fresno at the yards, all with Disk brakes and 6 lugs. 4.10 geared, very nice...

Back