• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigid Steel Warning

rweso 89xj

NAXJA Forum User
I bought some bushings from Rigid Steel. So I thought. When they came in they were the wrong ones. When I asked for them to make good on it Dan Phelps the rep told me they sent the part that was on the page I clicked. It turns out that the part on the web page is a typo and he says it's my fault for not noticing. That they have a disclaimer saying typos are not their responsibility. He said to send it back and he will replace it but shipping is on me. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING! The shipping is more than the part! I have to pay shipping four directions for one part. I said no way. It was your mistake. It's not a typo it's bait and switch which is illegal. He says it's the way he does business. So I call him and he pretty much says to me screw you, if you want your money back then call your credit card company. Then hangs up on me.

So if you come across their website just keep surfing by it. Don't expect to get the right part or good customer service.

BTW I already filed a claim with the Federal Consumer Protection agency and my credit bureu. Who else should I contact? They aren't registered with the BBB.

Rob

Just get your money back and forget about it. It's not worth losing sleep over.

basalt51 said:

Second that, sometimes it takes a while for someone in business to get it thru that the customers sign the checks. One bad experience and sour a whole bunch of future business. Learned that along time ago and as a result I bend over backwards to keep customers happy.

And that's how he makes his money. By people rolling over and doing nothing. I'll get my money back, I assure you. But he needs to know he can't be taking advantage of people.

basalt51 said:

That's the thing he won't give it back to me. I just have to get it back from the credit company.

Plus, I just want to warn anyone who does business with them that it's a shady company.

rweso 89xj said:
BTW I already filed a claim with the Federal Consumer Protection agency and my credit bureu. Who else should I contact? They aren't registered with the BBB.
You should do as he suggested. WRITE (do not call) your credit card company, tell them you were subjected to a misleading or erroneous on-line parts listing and that the company refused to correct their error, and ask the bank to refund the charge and credit your card.

It usually takes a couple of billing cycles for these things to go through. Don't expect to see a credit appear on your very next statement.

Back