• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford HP44's: what tire size are you running

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
curious what tire sie you guys are runnin on the ford HP44's
and what link setup youguys find that works well

Ford HP44 on 35x12.5 MTZs.

Went through two sets of stock shafts in a year (full circle clips with x760s) as well as a crap set of ball joints. Never blew a lockout (warn premiums).

TNT y-link, RE 5.5", Bilstein 5150s

Worked pretty well and took a serious beating.

Ford HP44 (1/2" wall tubes) on 37x12.50 MTRs and Swampers for 8 years. Same set of Warn shafts with OX ujoints and Warn premium hubs the whole time... Been wheeled all over WA, OR, UT, CO, Baja Mex, and plenty in between. Has a small truss over the diff to provide surface for the upper control arm mount. Rubicon Express longarms since the introduction of the TJ kit, coupled with a homemade crossmember/skid. Love it dearly and am in the process of changing bushings and servicing the RE joints for the first time. All outers are Ford for simplicity, with just a regular crossover steering setup. I did find a cracked yoke strap on one Warn stub shaft, but it was due to a POS OX ujoint. The OX joints came out and Spicer 760s with full circle clips are going back in.

And by the way fireLt. is an expert at changing D44 shafts. :laugh:

For you guys that go thro shafts regularly. What's your driving style? Heavy throttle and rough lines, or relatively light throttle and picking lines?

For you guys that go thro shafts regularly. What's your driving style? Heavy throttle and rough lines, or relatively light throttle and picking lines?

Remember not all shafts are created equal and the ujoints are the same size you have in your Dana 30.

The OX joints came out and Spicer 760s with full circle clips are going back in.
I too will be putting Spicer 760's in when I get a chance, to replace the Alloy X-joints that developed play after a short amount of use.

Back