• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y/N on this rim? Any thoughts Eagle?

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
Will the rim with the following measurements fit an XJ w/ and OME lift and 31/10.5/15 TRXUS without rubbing when turning? If so do you think it will avoid the flares? I'm not worried about full-stuff as I am almost never in that type of situation. Thank you all in advance for your wisdom.

B/SPACE OFFSET SIZE BOLT CIRCLE

4 3/4 + 6 15 x 8 5-4.5

rubbing is a product of your imagination. its gonna happen it just depends if you want to space out your steering stops so your tires dont rub your LCA's or if you want to leave them alone so when you need to you can crank the wheel and get that marginaly better turning radius. i vote for turning radius, but thats just me.

as for OME, you'll have to talk to someone that has that lift

Hunter

I don't know, because I only run factory rims. My understanding from reading reports from other people is that less back spacing (moving the wheel and tire out relative to vehicle centerline) improves the LCA interference problem (duh!), but may cause the outer corner of the tire to catch the flare when turning.

31x10.50s aren't that big, and 4-3/4" isn't a whole lot less than the stock 5-1/4", so there's a good chance it'll work. But for me that's a guess -- I hope someone who runs that combination will chime in.

I don't have an answer but.... keep in mind that Interco tires are true to size, 31's are really 31" (sometimes a tad more), and if those outer lugs do catch anything they will do way more damage than say a BFG AT.
Wish they'd make them in a 31x9.50 like the TSL SS radials cause what you're doing is just about the same as I'm planning but I plan on keeping the 15x7 GC Canyon rims I'm running now. If I could get the TRUXS 9.50 wide it would save me from having to get the TSL's siped so I could get groceries in the rain :rolleyes:
Mike B.

Back