• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 87 XJ, 35's, 5.5" Lift

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
Not enough time, too many projects.

Absolutely no chance of parting it out!!

Serious offers only will be considered.

It would have to be gone by April 1st if I am going to sell it.
Must come take it all! I will only show to serious offers, no tire kickers!

$6000.00 firm

Jeep:
Good Title.
87 4 Door XJ, 4.0L, 5spd, sunroof, manual windows and locks. Stock Axles with 3.54 gears and axle disconnect.
1994 Engine and complete wire harness from headlight to tail lights 145K miles.
1999 style Intake and power steering pump, 68mm TB, K&N FilterCharger CAI, Borla Header. Jet stage 2 chip (not installed).
Dual core radiator and new water pump in the last 10k miles.
Optima Battery and Jeepers Creepers battery cables.
1992 AX15 with new Bearing, Synchros , and clutch, within the last 10k miles. Hust/B&M shifter.
Advance Adapters Atlas II 4.3 2 speed transfer case with heavy duty yokes and 23 spline input, flat indexed case.
Rubicon Express 4.5” Lift with Drop down brackets, with full spring pack, OME shocks and JKS ACOS.
Currie Heavy duty steering system.
35 x 12.50 x 15 GY MTR’s on steel 15 x 8 black rims.
BW Cut out Flares.
Currie Heavy duty steering system.
Six States Drive shafts.

Good:
Body in excellent condition for the age of the vehicle, only a few small spots of surface rust.
Engine runs very strong.
Transmission shifts great.
New Headliner.
Windshield has 10k miles, no cracks, late model seal.
Interior has Herculiner under carpet

Bad:
Fading/flaking factory paint.
Factory roof rack removed.
Current stock front axle needs alignment and offset ball joints. Front tires are bald due to bad alignment.
No Front driveshaft installed, floor needs to be clearance for driveshaft due to transfer case.
Linkage for Atlas not installed yet.
Exhaust leak… Either bad gasket or cracked Borla header
A/C doesn’t work… needs evaporative core and possibly condenser.
Missing faceplate for Kenwood stereo.
Occasionally throw out bearing is squealing on downshift.
Rear passenger fender flare is damaged but still on vehicle.
No rear bumper but has Factory class 3 hitch installed.
Seat belt buzzer won’t stop buzzing.

Parts to be installed:
Currie unfinished 9” front axle with 31 spline inner shafts, D44 outers from a 74 IH travel all, Paasenger knuckle already has high steer arm.
Original Nodular Iron 3rd Member case with Daytona pinion support, 31 Spline Detroit Locker, Solid Pinion Spacer, 2 yokes (different sizes)
9” rear axle unfinished with Moser 31 spline shafts with ½” screw in wheel studs, un-mounted spring pads from M.O.R.E.
Original Nodular Iron 3rd Member, Large bearing case with Daytona pinion support, 31 Spline Detroit Locker, Solid Pinion Spacer, 2 yokes (different sizes)
Old warn M8000 winch...needs cable.
Old Link-Arc welder.
1 pair of new 11 x 2.25 drums with all brake hardware and shoes. Backing plates are needed
1 pair of used complete Explorer rear disc brakes with 2 sets of rotors; 5 x 4.5 and 5 x 5.5. (Modifications will need to be done if internal drum mechanism is to be used.)
NV4500 early GM 6.34 version with 32 spline Chevy output shaft and housing. AA complete 4.0L bell housing with clutch fork and external slave cylinder.
Stroker shortblock with bad cam bearings . Needs cam retainer button.
Hesco Aluminum head with upgraded valve springs and new seals.
Custom Camshaft by Camshaft Innovations.
Dual Diaphragm booster and matching master cylinder.

Parts needed to complete project:
(4) 5 x5.5 wheels
(2) 35 x 12.50 x 15 tires
Either NV4500 has to be changed to 23 spline output or Atlas transfer case has to be changed to 32 spline input.
Throw out bearing needed for NV4500 swap.
Driver side High steer arm needed plus custom steering linkage.
Front axle brackets and seals for 9” axle.
Drive shafts need to be lengthened/shortened after drive train installed.
Drum backing plates if 11 x 2.25 drum brakes are used.
Front axle u-joints.
Replace cam bearing in short block and check other bearings.
Installed Hesco Head and check/adjust for rocker arm geometry.

I am sure I am missing a few parts that I have and also a few parts that are needed.

I will post what few pictures I have when I can get access to Photobucket.

Thanks,

Last edited:
You're selling a half finished project with half the parts to finish it. If I were you I'd just part out the uninstalled items and sell the Jeep. Best of luck to you.

I would say I have more than half the parts. At least I already have the big ticket items.

I don't have access to any of my detailed pics right now... internet sucks for me.

Back in Germany when it was first lifted. I was deployed and the wife was having some fun.
DSC00446.jpg

Now, it sits in my garage... However, the garage is cleaner now.
IMG_5338.jpg

Only detailed picture of the rear axle in pieces.
IMG_5329.jpg

Here is one of the 9" 3rd members, The gears and bearings are new.
IMG_5334.jpg

Thanks

Back