• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y-linked long arms?

LOL @ DeadmanXJ.

I was going to go with TNT's but after the slow responses I received I was afraid that their customer service was lacking.

I fell into a great deal on Claytons LA's so I got those instead. We will see how much the lower mounted arms hold me up. Ive heard it isnt nearly as bad as I think it is but what do I know.

I just hope the I dont get stuck at the mall hopping the parking curbs.
I'm running the Rock Krawler 3 link, and yes, it hangs lower than the T&T Y-link, but it hasn't held me up yet. I've drug the arms and mounts a few times, but with 2" solid arms, I'm not to worried about them getting hurt :D

Glad you had a good experience. It took them alot longer to get back to me via jeepforum and through the website. One sales rep never returned my email at all. In the end it cost them a customer. Customer service is king in my book no matter what product a company sells. If I hadn't got the price I did on the NIB claytons I would be ordering joits and building a 3 link.

Again, good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with the product.

I hope you don't mind me saying how goofy this is to me. Modifications to my rig are very important, and most of us are willing to work our asses off making them or installing them. Not buying what I wanted, and so buying what I didn't originally want because they didn't respond quickly enough is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.......to me, at least. I could care less about someones personal problems, if there's a product that I want that I think is the best for my build, I'm going to buy it. Making a few more phone calls (looks like you never bothered to pick up the phone) is nothing compared to the time and effort to install this stuff. Crap, look how much time we have into researching this stuff.........

Sorry, not buying because of a slow internet response is goofy to me.

Hehehe.....like never eating at In-N-Out again because the drive-thru was slow once. :laugh3:

Goat I understand what you saying and I don't mind disscussions at all. I just don't feel that I should have to bend over or go the extra length to give a company my business. I don't feel that the Clayton setup is bad it just wasnt my first choice. I'm not building a KOH rig and it will probably never see the west coast so it will be fine for my needs I'm sure. If I had no other choices for a comparable product and couldn't build what I wanted then I would just deal with it. Yes you are right I never called. I don't feel I should have to. If a company can't keep up with their contact channels maybe they should rememdy that.

I'm not bashing TNT as I haven't heard very many negative things.

I agree with Richard on this one. I was just posting my convo with TnT as a comparison to 3fifty. I usually do research on the product without ever contacting the company I want to buy from. I buy parts based on performance, not necessarily how great the customer relations are.

The way I see it, if the part functions properly and does exactly what I want, I should never have to talk to the company that made it, except to give them kudos.

Oh, and I had In N Out for the first time back in feb on a work trip to CA. I was not impressed at all. I'll stick to Five Guys.

Last edited:
I agree with both of you guys. I will pick the best product for my needs but if the customer service is not there (I always give adequate time for a response and call if there is a number listed on the website) I will likely choose another company. It is very important to me to buy from a company that is responsive to the needs of their customers. There are too many companies out there making parts for our rigs to put up with lacking customer service. To me, returning calls or e-mail from your customers in a reasonable time is a minimum requirement for a business.

Dang ... we're getting off topic. :scottm:

FWIW .... customer service/relations are as important to me as the quality of the product. Whether it is as an "end user" or a "reseller" I want merchandise that I can install or use with confidence.

No product is perfect & mistakes happen, but I don't want to be saddled chasing someone down to get a mistake or broken item replaced. Tough to explain to a customer why you can't get a hold of so & so at XYZ company because they're screening calls, too disorganized, or whatever else is going on.

I'm going to be trying the center limit strap concept on the front of my XJ in due time. I just haven't figured a way to use the commercially available straps *and* have it quick release. So far, I've been doing the swagged cable & d ring method. The 3 link design, by nature, does reduce some of the unloading. But does not eliminate all of it.

One thing I don't like about some of the radius arm kits ... is the fact that you have to drop the suspension if you need to remove the trans. There is *ALWAYS* some corollary that says just after you do the suspension .... you have a trans problem. :twak: No, it's not a huge deal --- but to a trans shop they may start squawking and charge extra time/labor. Just an opinion there, nothing more.

Joe

I agree with customer service being an issue. None of you can say customer service hasn't effected your decision at some point in your wheeling careers. If it wasn't common than we wouldn't hear people bitching all the time about it and guys like ^^ him wouldn't go out of his way to make sure he treats his customers well.

I've never called TNT about long arms but I have called to find out what bushing they use in there front truss (it's a different size than stock). A part of the negative experience I had was due to the lady that answers the phone there, not wanting to do her job. A long time ago I called about their trackbar build kit and got the same attitude. I ended up just building my own.

I've changed out the T-case twice since upgrading to long arms. It was nice to just unbolt the cross member and drop the case.

On the flip side of that, the clayton kit doesn't offer a skid plate unless you do their rear coil conversion. You have to make your own or modify an after market skid to bolt to the clayton cross member. End result: About the same as what TNT offers without having to drop the entire suspension.

If you're dropping your suspension often enough for that to effect your decision, you're doing it wrong.

I haven't touched my TNT bellypan in 1.5 years and my AW4 has 300k on it.

Back