• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Roof Thickness

my 96 has two layers of steel up between the visors with about 1/2" gap between them.
I cant say what different model years have. Why not pull the front of the headliner down and take a peak, you'll have to pull it down some to hide the coax and wires anyway.

Ray H said:
my 96 has two layers of steel up between the visors with about 1/2" gap between them.
I cant say what different model years have. Why not pull the front of the headliner down and take a peak, you'll have to pull it down some to hide the coax and wires anyway.

He said it was mounted behind his ashtray. NOT between his visors. I have had my lower trim panel off a few times and I dont see how you could. Any word on pics?

mcnamaag said:
He said it was mounted behind his ashtray. NOT between his visors. I have had my lower trim panel off a few times and I dont see how you could. Any word on pics?
my post was referring to the question the OP asked.

Pics, if you take the ash tray out it fits perfectly in there and you cant even tell the ash tray is missing. Sorry for the glare and the camera phone but you can see the mount.

022408_13521.jpg

022408_13522.jpg

022408_13523.jpg

022408_13531.jpg

022408_13532.jpg

022408_13533.jpg

chrisja77 said:
Hey magimerlin, I love the headliner. My headliner has fallen down in my 95 2 door sport, and I am getting ready to redo it. Is that the foam backed headliner material you used, or did you just get some camo fabric? I haven't been able to find any camo foam backed stuff...

Thank you. I got the fabic at Walmart. Its like a canvas type of feel to it, but not as eavy. Make sure what ever you get is atleast 54" wide so it will span the entire width of the headliner in one piece. Oh and no its not foam backed.

One more question for ya... Since the material wasn't foam backed, did you have any problems with the adhesive seeping through? Tks for the help. I'm gonna get home on the 7th, and am wanting to tear right into this project.

chrisja77 said:
One more question for ya... Since the material wasn't foam backed, did you have any problems with the adhesive seeping through? Tks for the help. I'm gonna get home on the 7th, and am wanting to tear right into this project.

It did seep through a little bit but not to bad to notice after it dries.Just becarefull of how much you spray in one spot at a time. When you do this, after it is covered let it sit, do not instal it right away. Let it sit upside down(fabric facing up) so it will dry completely befor it hangs. That way there will be less of a chance of it falling down in any spots. enjoy

Back