• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ front Tube fenders/flares

Finished and installed.

Will they are finished and on. I cleaned them up then off the get them powder coated. They came out nice. I silicon-ed around all the holes and on the edges to help keep out weather and prevent rusting. Also primed the fender before installing them onto it. I painted all the heads of the carriage bolts black to blend in. The color is semi-gloss black. On everything. I still plan on maybe adding a back support from fender to engine bay and know how I want to do it but I am in no rush to get that done.
Here they are installed. Again I need to thank Cory for all of his help.
headbanger.gif
shades.gif
clap.gif
thumbup.gif

Any updates on these? How are you liking them? Are they holding up well?

They are holding up really well. I just got back from Moab and hit them a time or two and they didn't budge. I still have not added any support from them to the engine bay but honestly do not know if it is needed. I may get around to it in the future but am in no rush. Hopefully going to do something with the rears this summer. I love the extra tire clearance they give me and it is nice to have functioning flares that keep the the mud/sand/dirt down from hitting me in the face.

Back