• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: xj drop pitman arm

I have a skyjacker extreme drop that works perfect for that height...In great shape..it wasn't cheap when I bought it. I could live with 75 shipped. Pricey I know, but they were the only make that advertised they are individually xrayed to confirm good castings.
Rich

I have a skyjacker extreme drop that works perfect for that height...In great shape..it wasn't cheap when I bought it. I could live with 75 shipped. Pricey I know, but they were the only make that advertised they are individually xrayed to confirm good castings.
Rich

Well rich im in quite the dilemma regarding a pitman arm, maybe you can help me out here. My XJ has a 6.5" long arm kit in it.. def prolly more 5.5-6" now due to sagging and bumpers and other add ons etc.. im in the process of installing the Rustys otk steering conversion kit, with over the axle trac bar and heim joints. I called and asked what size drop pitman to use, they said there 3" drop pitman is the best for this setup, after seeing the price on their drop pitman arm. 150-160 range I looked into theirs more and they advertise it as a 3" drop pitman, suggested for rigs lifted 6.5-8.5" where most other companys that advertise a 3" drop pitman arm its suggested for a 3" lift. I could be wrong here but my assumptions are, rustys advertises there drop pitman as a 3" drop bc it lengthens the pitman arm 3" from stock length, where most companys advertise their drop pitman arms according to lift height. so im currently unsure of what drop I truly need.

get everything in before you go out and buy a drop arm, since your raising your steering you will prob need a stock arm, lift hight has nothing to do with a drop pitman arm

get everything in before you go out and buy a drop arm, since your raising your steering you will prob need a stock arm, lift hight has nothing to do with a drop pitman arm

I grabbed a 4" pitman arm from a buddy for free, gonna see if itll work before buying a smaller one like you guys said.

Well rich im in quite the dilemma regarding a pitman arm, maybe you can help me out here. My XJ has a 6.5" long arm kit in it.. def prolly more 5.5-6" now due to sagging and bumpers and other add ons etc.. im in the process of installing the Rustys otk steering conversion kit, with over the axle trac bar and heim joints. I called and asked what size drop pitman to use, they said there 3" drop pitman is the best for this setup, after seeing the price on their drop pitman arm. 150-160 range I looked into theirs more and they advertise it as a 3" drop pitman, suggested for rigs lifted 6.5-8.5" where most other companys that advertise a 3" drop pitman arm its suggested for a 3" lift. I could be wrong here but my assumptions are, rustys advertises there drop pitman as a 3" drop bc it lengthens the pitman arm 3" from stock length, where most companys advertise their drop pitman arms according to lift height. so im currently unsure of what drop I truly need.

You are on the right track, I think. A lot of companies appear to advertise their pitman arms according to lift height rather than actual drop. I have a Rockkrawler "3 inch" on my 01 right now, and it's nowhere near as big a drop as this skyjacker. I used the skyjacker with a Rubicon longarm at 6.5" originally on my 98 and it covered the correction almost to stock spec, I barely had to adjust my oem steering to make everything work correctly, which made the Currie steering I went to at the time have plenty of up/down at the arm connection. nice. As time went by. my 98 got lower and lower, and it ended up being too much for what I needed. with an otk setup, I strongly doubt you would need a drop this big.
Rich

Back