• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windsheild wiper mod

Yucca-Man said:
Don't ZJ arms do the 90* thing?

I remember looking for ZJ arms in the bone yard, but I don't think I found any. That just might work :)

xj4fun said:
I remember looking for ZJ arms in the bone yard, but I don't think I found any. That just might work :)

I'll find out when the wife gets home, I don't remember them doing that when I put on the winter blades sunday morning.

What about Just using cheap replacement arms and iff the spring wears out then get that clip for the TJ's in the quadratec mag

Ford Ranger arms fold out 90*, for those of you that were also looking for this solution. Just happened to look at my work truck today and noticed it, the length matches good.

97XJ2 said:
Ford Ranger arms fold out 90*, for those of you that were also looking for this solution. Just happened to look at my work truck today and noticed it, the length matches good.
Alrighty, so two questions...do we know spline count of the arms and what year Ranger?

Ok, so I goofed, the driveshaft diameter for the Ford wipers is larger and the arms would only spin on the XJ's driveshaft. I took one off the Ranger at work today and walked out to the lot to check against my jeep. Its a '93 Ranger XL, 1.9L 5spd. Length does match good though. Dang so close.

I just have to laught at my work truck tho, I could just imagine my director walking in to the dealer and saying:
"I'd like a red Ford Ranger."
"Would you like any options or anything?"
"Nope, in fact could you possibly delete things to make it cheaper?"
No radio, no a/c, bench seat, rubber floors, manual steering etc.

I'll keep searching though, and keep you posted.

These last winters we got up to 6 inches of sleet, 2 inches of ice. Yes, cleaning out the stuff is a pain.

Like was commented on before, I just use a nylon windshield tarp from the 'Mart. It's long enough to lock under the weatherstrip on the doors. My windshield doesn't get messed up, the wipers are free and clear. The only disadvantage so far is when things melt, the fabric may wick moisture into the interior and drip.

Well, it's a Jeep, I throw the whole wet tarp in the back seat anyway. At 2AM, I've cleared the traffic lights going home before some scrape into their vehicle. It's fast enough for me.

Back