• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will JB weld fix this???

Captain Ruggy said:
When was the last time you checked the fluid level in your t case?

I checked the level back in march over spring break, and everything was fine then. There is nothing inside the case because it had been sitting for about an hour when I took this picture. As far as there being an abundance of ATF on the underside of the jeep, I think the first explosion only took out a small section (right around where the front DS connects) and then when I limped for the next mile the rotation of the driveshaft battered the remaining part of the front of the case, making it look the way it does now.

P.S. I'm still hunting for a case so if you have one drop me a PM

Ummmm....

you weren't in 4WD on bare pavement were you??

I have only seen this kind of carnage one other time, and that was because my sister had our S-10 Blazer in 4WD on bare pavement and didn't realize it.......

Talk about a BOOOM!!!

I heard about a transfer case blowing apart when a guy was in 4x4 full time on dry pavement doing 75-80 on the highway.

But back to fixing this tcase and putting it back together, have all of you forgotten about gorilla glue? How dare you all neglect to mention gorilla glue!

poorboy_616 said:
you weren't in 4WD on bare pavement were you??

Seriously?!?

...now that you say it, I was in 4L with my locker connected, drag racing a person on a moped...

...damnit I knew something bad was going to happen when I did that.

:bs:

Just had to ask, I've seen wierder things happen....

You see lots of wierd shit when you work at an auto shop.....(1 year at a buddies shop, when he moved, I quit working on vehicles and started selling parts.....)

take apart the front driveshaft and look at the CV ball...

id put money on that being the cause of failure...

Back