• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's gonna riot...raise your hand

I understand why you say only outlaws would have them, but why do YOU NEED them

By your arguement....

We should lobby for BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Lexus, etc to all go out of business. Why does anyone need a luxury car? Everyone should drive a Civic, Ford Explorer, Yugo...ya know, it's just to get you from point A to point B. Why not go with the item that just gets the job done. Why do you need something fancy?

OH YEAH I FORGOT...

Because you live in the United States and you CAN.

But keep lobbying...I'm sure you could get rid of assault weapons, alcohol, tobacco, luxury homes/cars, TV, football....you know, no one really NEEDS those things....they are just wants....

well my friends any weapon would be an assault weapon, would it not, isn't that what differentiates a "weapon" from say a loaf of bread? The soft kind, the hard kind could be used as an assault weapon. To answer the question, why do I not need an assault weapon? I'm a grown man, and can afford one? The government telling me what I can, or cannot own is something I don't much care for. By the way, that is a beautiful weapon.

Short and sweet, allow me to elaborate. :)

Is it not human nature to defend? If i were to walk up to you and raise my hand as if to strike you with it, would you not raise your arm to block it? When people violently attack others with knives and heavy objects, do they not raise their arms to block them? WHO ARE YOU to tell me that if someone were to come and attack me, my family, or another innocent, that me or others can't rightly defend ourselves by a force multiplier? If a fire is burning, you don't create legislation to ban fires, you put water on it to douse the flames. Criminals fear victims who fight back, especially those trained to WIN. Criminal wolves prey on the weaklings of the flock, they don't prey on the sheepdog. ;) Why do you have a job? Why do you pay your bills on time responsibly? Why would you feed and clothe your children? Why would you change the oil in your car? Why not blame someone else for your child starving, your bills not being paid, your engine seizing? Because you have personal responsibility, that's why. You're self-sufficient and not a leech on society, blaming everyone else for your shortcomings. You don't milk the system for handouts and you take care of yourself, making the most of the principles this great nation was founded upon and so many gave their lives to create.

That said, our Founding Fathers afforded us the RIGHT to maintain a force NOT controlled by the Government and controlled by the people. This force provides that the Government does not become overbearing and controlling, which is the very place we're at now. Regulating our arms only further restricts our ability to fight back and be a threat. Constant regulation of this gives me confidence that the system is still a threat to .GOV. ;)

Is it not our right and responsibility to remove and replace corrupt government? Seems to me the second amendment was designed to ensure we could do just that...by force if nessissary. Think you could do that with your hunting rifle, or your bb gun?

Is it not our right and responsibility to remove and replace corrupt government? Seems to me the second amendment was designed to ensure we could do just that...by force if nessissary. Think you could do that with your hunting rifle, or your bb gun?

Call the police, they're around to protect and serve. :D

I understand why you say only outlaws would have them, but why do YOU NEED them
You NEED them to protect yourself from the agents of a tyrannical government.

psst...check it out, it's #2 on the list.

:clap: Keep and Bear arms... not hunting riffles, not BB guns. "Arms" it's left distinctly vague for a reason. Plus read the recent DC verdict on 2nd SCOTUS
Why do we keep hasta this topic in here? If you dont like them/want to own them fine, but read the paper, I can have them. I do have them.

By your arguement....

We should lobby for BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Lexus, etc to all go out of business. Why does anyone need a luxury car? Everyone should drive a Civic, Ford Explorer, Yugo...ya know, it's just to get you from point A to point B. Why not go with the item that just gets the job done. Why do you need something fancy?

OH YEAH I FORGOT...

Because you live in the United States and you CAN.

But keep lobbying...I'm sure you could get rid of assault weapons, alcohol, tobacco, luxury homes/cars, TV, football....you know, no one really NEEDS those things....they are just wants....
Thats my point, people dont need those things. I never said ban assault weapons, I was curious as to why people NEEDED them. they kill the same.

:doh:

I never said anything about 'needing' an 'assault' weapon. Assault weapon is a term created by those people who DONT want you to have them. Theres nothing assault about the gun until its in the wrong hands. I don't know about anyone else here but anytime someone gets shot with a semi auto, its automatically an assault weapon. A few months ago in the local news someone was shot, or had a semi auto 22 (probably a 10/22) and the news labeled it as a 22 caliber assault weapon! Now that's funny!!!

Thats my point, people dont need those things. I never said ban assault weapons, I was curious as to why people NEEDED them. they kill the same.

Not sure who said it first, but here it goes.
TOP TEN REASONS REGULAR CITIZENS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ASSAULT RIFLES
10. Sometimes you're too mad for just a normal gun.
9. If you see a dozen deer in one meadow, how else are you supposed to shoot them all before they run away?
8. Self-defense sometimes involves "assaulting" a fortress.
7. Keeping control of a fully automatic weapon helps build upper body strength.
6. If we're not allowed to have assault rifles, that will make us mad and we have other guns.
5. Not as impressive writing your name in the wall with a semi-automatic.
4. For elderly people with arthritis, it may be painful for them to hit the trigger multiple times.
3. What if dragons are real and one tries to mug you in a dark alley.
2. I don't how good a reason this is, but after I've had a few beers in me I'm always like, "Man, would it be cool to have an assault rifle right now."
And the number one reason regular citizens should be able to own assault rifles...
This is America; we don't have to give a g'damn reason for owning something.

To keep this on topic lets just add rioting/keeping the rioters away.:viking:

~Alex

Not sure who said it first, but here it goes.

To keep this on topic lets just add rioting/keeping the rioters away.:viking:

~Alex
Thats pretty funny.

Back on topic,

rioting is when the loonies come out...it is totally irresponsible and worthless.

That being said I'll probably be in there..:looser:

short and sweet, crap, I'd hate to read something long and drawn out. I think we as adult taxpayers have every right to keep and bear such arms as WE deem necessary to defend and feed our families and others. The way to solve the problem with people using any weapon even just size and strength to rob, rape, MURDER another, would be a liberal application of the death penalty. Before anyone whines about the "innocent" I'll give you this, I will allow myself to be executed FIRST, if everyone on death row, and those headed there are executed after I am.

I was listening to an armed citizen story last night and an convicted sex offender broke into a 54 year old womans house and raped her.

He has been in and out of the system since the 80's for rape and assault, and did 10 year stint once.

4 DAYS LATER, he is out and goes back.

He cuts off her power so she couldnt use the phone or anything, and when he goes inside...

BANG, she hits him with a shotgun...

He wont be coming back again!

Thats a true story!!!

Rock, if rioting is when the loonies come out, There's a riot every time I leave the house. Uh oh, I feel a riot in my pants again.

Yes, Assault weapons are needed. Hypothetical situation: Our government becomes tyrannical and declares martial law(headed that way). If this happens and YOU decide to revolt and fight back, YOU will more than likely be outnumbered by our military forces. An AR-15 is going to inflict more damage in a shorter amount of time than a silly handgun. You can't win a war or revolution with a friggin handgun.

Guns in general: Take them away, we have no way to defend ourselves. Not to mention it is our damn right to have them and its a disgrace to our forefathers and patriots who died to give us that right. Criminals will always have weapons and guns, that's what makes them criminals. They have unregistered, black market weapons and they will always have them. Disarm responsible, educated Americans and we have no way to fight them.

Back