• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who visits the Red River Chapter boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I troll this forum looking for XJ specific tech, but this chapter has turned more into beer, bitchin, and bullshit. I find I have to comb thru the other regions for anything valuable.

STFU and GTFO:wave:

I am here all the time not sure how it took me this long to notice this thread.

and the, let's get 16 year olds drunk till they puke chapter!

We in no way promote under age drinking! If anyone is caught drinking under age at one of our events, they will be asked to leave and will never be allowed at any future evens.

not at an event, I think it was at someone's house. But it was talked about on the forum and made into a joke.

I understand that but it does not reflect the chapters stance.

OK guys....let's stop this right here. This thread has turned into a violation of the Rules of Conduct. If you haven't read them, perhaps you should. They can be found here:

http://www.naxja.org/html/forums_code_of_conduct.htm

They state, in relevant part......

NOTE: New Forum Rules have been adopted in Feb. 2004. These rules supersede any text or rules posted within this document. This document is available for Archive purposes.

There is no censorship that will prevent ANYONE from stating a point of view, as long as a few simple rules are followed:

• If you become irritated a particular post, thread, or author, DON'T RESPOND!!
  • Aside from the posting of up coming events, club business does not take place on the public forums. PERIOD!
  • NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! There is going to be ribbing and teasing among friends, but when posts turn into personal attacks THEY'RE DELETED AT THE ADMINISTRATORS DISCRETION!!
  • Open, and sometimes heated debate will be allowed on the Non Tech Forum, but we will NOT ALLOW debate to escalate into a flame war. Again, judgment is at the discretion of the admin.
  • Out of courtesy to the majority, we will try to keep the boards "on subject". Occasionally posts will accidentally be made on the wrong board. When we CHOOSE to move an inadvertently posted message, a notice of this will be left.
  • Posts containing profanity, for the sake of profanity will be DELETED! Everything will be considered within the context of the given situation. Again, judgment is at the discretion of the admin., and the guidelines determined by consensus of the NAXJA Board of Directors.
Sure, we talk about drinking (although I have seen no posts about anyone letting a 16 yo get drunk, but whatever). Sure we talk about having a good time. Sure we talk about our Jeeps. Sure we talk about wheeling. This is a local chapter....we talk about local stuff. There is also tech stuff mixed in.

The very first rule above is to not respond if someone irrates you or you don't like a particular post. Perhaps that should be paid attention to just a bit more. I get tired of the personal attacks and BS that is showing up on chapter's board. Playful bantering is one thing; path that this thread is following is quite another. This is the very conduct that has kept me off TORC's board. I'd sure hate to see the TORC people bring it here!!!!

I want to make a formal request that the mods delete the posts in this thread that are personal attacks.

Dennis,
Cool it. You're trolling just as much as eflores now. Everybody should just shut up.

Just my take.

I troll this forum looking for XJ specific tech, but this chapter has turned more into beer, bitchin, and bullshit. I find I have to comb thru the other regions for anything valuable.

99% of the technical info on the site is in the "NAXJA Technical Forums"

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

The Chapter boards are generally for local discussion and/or more off topic type of conversation.

It even says this on the index.

"Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums."

Well to tell the truth I check in to the RRC very rarely as I have limited time on the whole website. But I was here at the inception of RRC and feel I was helpful in getting it started but have moved on to other things. BTW I am in the RioGrande Valley. If the river shifts I may be in Mexico.

:wave:

Cuz Ramsey has been around here for over 4 years. He posts lots in the other forums on the board. He swears that his rig was an XJ once upon a time, but I still question it.

Hey, Ramsey, how 'bout pics of the latest version of that collection of wheels, motor, seats and frame that you call an XJ. :)

Its getting some tube right now actually, its ugly as sin too, but I decided not to redo the cage to make it look nice and just get it a little stronger and call it good for a while. I'll post up pics when its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back