• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has replaced a front frame rail before???

I recently did somthing similar with my jeep and a tree. But my frame wasn;/t too far off so a bent it back. But that looks really good. And maybe don't put the bushwackes back on...it looks bad ass w/o them...

Haha this thread is pretty funy. "Wow" "Double wow" "gee wiz". And then you get the end, and it's the exact same expressions all over again lol. Looks good, I had to do the same thing to my 97 when I first got it. Not as intense, but rebuilding a framerail nevertheless. Looks good.

holy crap dude that was some really great work. looks good as new. are you going to let your wife drive it again? lol

Hey thanks I appreciate all the feedback. It wasn't as intense as it looks. At first, It seemed overwhelming. I had a couple of body guys tell me, "Yeah, you just cut here, splice here, drill that out and weld here" seemed simple enough I guess...

After it's all said and done, the whole project set me back including the $500 I paid to buy it back, $2300...
The insurance co. paid me $7300, I bought it back for $500. It's a dedicated trail rig now where as before it wasn't.

My goal was to have something that we could drive to and from the trail head and be street legal. buggies are becoming the thing of the past and I felt with all the trail resrtictions these days it would be nice to drive back after reaching the other end of the trail instead of loading it on the trailer and pulling back. Plus it keeps the local law enforcement happy. :cheers:

well done.
must feel pretty good looking back and what it was and what it is.

well done.

Great work man!
I have to replace a 6" piece of frame on the driver's side rear of my jeep and I was a little nervous about that until I read this thread! Thanks for the inspiration!

Well done

Back