• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where'd ya'll put your cb's?

Here is my CB, don't mind the excessive amount of water, or the floating white thing, this was the only picture I had
CopyofCoyHill034.jpg

And here is how I mounted my antenna
IMG_0555.jpg

here is my hood mount, been running this way for two years. Hit many trees with it and still in good shape. Came with the correct length cable and gives perfect signal on the trail and highway.

big picture, only one I could find. sorry
http://www.larsons.info/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC02907.jpg

bought it from here
http://cgi.ebay.com/firestik-CB-ant...ryZ48692QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

then I did the visor mount with a peice of alum and two angle brackets. It puts the speaker to where it is easy to hear and easy to change settings.

Mine is mounted on the dash on the passenger side, using a couple L brackets.

My antenna is a cheapo magnetic one for now.

Mine's also up between the mirrors on my 93:
overhead_cbmount.jpg

(I used mild steel & a 220v stick welder - looks like poo cause I didn't have time to clean it up or paint it cause I was in a hurry when I was installing it)
gets great reception too with the hood antenna mount. The best part about this location is that the speaker is close to your head so you can hear it real good w/o an external speaker.

On my old 89 XJ I took the head liner out (was redoing it anyways) and put a new lengthwise beam in the ceiling (between the two stock cross-beams) while it was out then mounted it similarly in front of the keyless entry hole. No pics of that setup though...

In my '90, I just installed a 2 meter ham radio (about the same size as a modern CB) under the dash between the steering column and the console. It aims up at me so I can easily see the read-out through the steering wheel spokes and is not in the way of my leg at all. I don't have my camera handy, sorry. I just have a temp mag-mount for now but will route the permanent antenna through the headliner.

I think this mounting location looks much cleaner than the roof mount.

This may not work for everyone but it works for me. With the way I sit and how tall I am it works perfect but my father cant drive it because his knee hits it.

I havent had a problem with my mount either. With the pre 97's you have a fiberglass hatch so I didnt mount it on there due to the grounding issue.

my xj has the optional cupholder in it that sits above the brake handle. I mounted mine there using some sheetmetal screws off the front side of the cupholder. yes, the cupholder still holds cups...well...sort of (if they are the perfect size that is) When I don't want it in the truck, I just undo the wires/antenna @ the back of the radio, and remove the 2 screws holding the optional cup holder in, and it's gone.

sorry, no pics right now, but I can get one later if ya want

Here's where I put mine. It doesn't interfere with the passenger's leg room.

28.jpg

I ran the wires behind the dash to the fuse block.

2001 XJ , Blaupunkt one-DIN sized radio/cd, tti CB, custom made frame plate.
And YES, the mike holder is mounted upside-down :), due to access to the radio, but it holds the mike perfectly
cb1.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up an identical glove box door and mounted my cb into it with the mike close to the driverside. Ran all wires to the inside of the box. It's an easything to just unhook wires and put the original cover back on for daily driving if you want. The xj dash really is a study in maximizing what can fit in an already small space.

lowrange2 said:
Wow that does look like Poo.

:laugh2: :roflmao: :gee:

Back