• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do I post this?

pb_beaker

NAXJA Forum User
I tried posting this before but it was taken off so I want to know where i can post it. I want to make a swingout that holds water can, gas can, axe, shovel, hi-lift, etc. Everything BUT a tire. So I want to see what everybody out there has. Where can I post a request for pics? :dunno:

Re: Where do i post this????

If you want pix, that's what the Pic Request forum is for.

If you're working on design and construction, we've got AdFab.

If I saw your thread pop up, I'd probably end up moving it according to those two rules.

It does sound like a good idea - but I do highly suggest that you have a strap that goes over your gas can (to lock it) and a sidebar off of the lock strap (to secure the screwcap.) Given the state of the economy, the idea of people swiping fuel wherever they can isn't going to go away anytime soon...

(PS: Moved to Non-Tech, since this isn't a Tech thread either...)

If you want pix, that's what the Pic Request forum is for.

If you're working on design and construction, we've got AdFab.

If I saw your thread pop up, I'd probably end up moving it according to those two rules.

It does sound like a good idea - but I do highly suggest that you have a strap that goes over your gas can (to lock it) and a sidebar off of the lock strap (to secure the screwcap.) Given the state of the economy, the idea of people swiping fuel wherever they can isn't going to go away anytime soon...

(PS: Moved to Non-Tech, since this isn't a Tech thread either...)
I guess im blind but where is the pic request form and what is adfab?

Read this, please: http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=49&a=53

You're a registered guest here, not a forum supporter, and not a club member. Unfortunately, as a result of that, 5-90 did give out some sorta bad advice. You don't have posting permission in either the picture showcase forum, or the advanced fabrication forum.

I'm also going to move this out of Non-Tech into User Support.

Read this, please: http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=49&a=53

You're a registered guest here, not a forum supporter, and not a club member. Unfortunately, as a result of that, 5-90 did give out some sorta bad advice. You don't have posting permission in either the picture showcase forum, or the advanced fabrication forum.

I'm also going to move this out of Non-Tech into User Support.

Sowwies! I hadn't kept track of forum access rules of late...

IMG_1527.jpg

Alright. That's a factory swingout in a factory location.

Upside-its easy to install and holds up a factory tire well.

Downside-unless you have the extra support bracket it sags horribly with a heavier tire. Also if you wheel enough and hard enough you will scrape it on a lot of crap because it screws up your departure angle badly with it hanging so low.

Reccomendations-Use that swingout if you come across one for a good price, and if you have the means, just modify it so the mounting point is high up on the right rear quarter panel.

I have also seen people modify BroncoII swingouts to fit and blazer swingouts to fit.

In an ideal world you should just make one from scrap, and I know there are a few guys on here that have done that....

Last edited:
Back