• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's your 20, pt2

Re: What's your 20?

avnsteve said:
just bought a year today, I want to be a part of this. Mike, I got your voice mail today. I couldn't take the call because I was in the middle of an inspection.

Yeah Steve I thought you might like to know this was underway. Thought the phone was the quickest way to reach you. Hope the inspection went well.

howdy all, been waitin for someone to start up a local chapter, im bout 45 min south of austin.........

dallas xjs said:
i am the non-member tight bastard in mesquite,edge of dallas...

If you can afford to live in Mesquite you can afford the dues to NAXJA you cheapskate.

Okay, Google Earth is updated. I went ahead and did some clean-up on it, as well, so it's quite a bit easier to read and includes color-coded names AND pins, now. Ditto for the Wheeling destinations.

Kendrik said:
Okay, Google Earth is updated. I went ahead and did some clean-up on it, as well, so it's quite a bit easier to read and includes color-coded names AND pins, now. Ditto for the Wheeling destinations.

How do I add the files to my Google Earth????? I'm usually not retarded about such things...

Ralph said:
I'm way the hell out in Lubbock. I wonder what the guys in New Mexico are doing?

Thought they were part of the Intermountain Chapter? Are they?

MetViper said:
How do I add the files to my Google Earth????? I'm usually not retarded about such things...

Well, when you installed google earth, it should have automagically associated the kmz files. So, you should just be able to hit the download link and pick "Open". Google Earth should fire up with everything in place. Otherwise, if you downloaded the link, you should be able to do a "File->Open" in Google Earth and pick the kmz file.

Ralph said:
I'm way the hell out in Lubbock. I wonder what the guys in New Mexico are doing?

Damn dude, Member #149, since 2002, where have you been hiding all this time!

I think he qualifies for the Board, yes?:laugh2::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

kendrick,

Does the google earth install and run in Win98 SE OK?

2002? Feels like longer.

Ecomike said:
Damn dude, Member #149, since 2002, where have you been hiding all this time!

I think he qualifies for the Board, yes?:laugh2::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

kendrick,

Ecomike said:

I think it's XP/2000 only. Seriously, though...Win98? Time for an upgrade, man! Leave off the Detroit and get a new PC instead! ;)

Kendrik said:
I think it's XP/2000 only. Seriously, though...Win98? Time for an upgrade, man! Leave off the Detroit and get a new PC instead! ;)
No good reason to go to 2000. I have over $10,000 in professional software that Bill Gates wants me to throw away :rattle:just to upgrade to XP. Thanks, But No thanks, Bill! I'd rather fund my own philanthropic (AD)ventures some day.

XP makes the Old Microsoft bloatware (Win 98) look like a lean, mean, trim operating system.

The only reason I would even consider XP would be if I was using my Pcs for video, which I am not. Or if some EPA mandated software came out that I had to use, that required an upgrade. So far I have been lucky in that department. In some ways it is getting the point where I am becoming one of the few remaining Win98 Tech Experts left around.

I still have Win 3.11 on my custom GC lab data aquisition computer at my shop. (GC = Gas chromatograph).

Actualy I still have my first XT clone (1990), with that huge 20 MB hard drive, and my fathers patented 1963 Talamatic computer, which I am saving for the Smithsonian (its the only one left in existance that I know of). I also have a SW Tech 1980 computer of my fathers in storage. He used assembly language on it to write his code. He was a real hard core programer, even used Cobal.

Anyway, my XJs (85 and 87) and my Ford, (73) are still way older than my 98 Wins operating system! LOL.:D And none of them are as old as I am!:laugh2:

Oh, almost forgot, my favorite, most used computer (the one I am on now) is still just a Compaq 166 mhz pentium 1 laptop! I have 10 of them. I do have several newer faster computers, but this one still runs I everthing I need and use, and it runs as fast as I can move, type and read.

Last edited:

Ecomike said:
<<Snip scary talk about old crappy computers>>

I'm crying and hiding under my bed right now.

"Mommy, make the bad man with the old scary computers go away!"

In all seriousness, I see where you're coming from. But my other hobby is PC gaming, so biggest and baddest is the watch word for me when it comes to computers.

It's like me telling you that a cherokee is a waste, my bicycle does the job just fine. ;)

I know I don't count(at least on this board) but reside in Saginaw, Tx. When we are not wheeling we could still have impompt gatherings at restaurants. Who would turn away a bunch of "nice and decent" people in their wicked cherokee's? Don't answer that.:rof:

Back