• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what your favorite gas tank skid?

jeep ride said:
I have the new 3 peice skid row gas tank skid very well made also very heavy ups shipping label said 69 lbs. With the skid and draw tite hitch it's made my rear spring's start to sag a little.

Beat me to it. I have one sitting in the garage waiting for some time... I opted for the skid row due to the 3 piece design. This should ease installation as well as make dropping the tank in the future much less of an issue.

I have the old skid row and I've bashed it a few times with no problems.

That new three piece is awesome! If I have to drop mine with my Rigidco rear bumper,....

ehall said:
That new skid row design seems like it would be pretty exposed to shearing the bolts

It looks like the bolts are at least 3/8. Who knows the shear strength of 3-3/8" bolts?...and then we can take friction into account also. The pressure formed by those bolts, should be plenty IMO...of course, what do I know?(nada)

to dig up this old thread, i'm running a 2000 with a fitted Reese hitch on the rear... i know Skidrow's plates don't work with this hitch. I've emailed Tomken in the past and they said something like 95% of the time they work... i dunno anyone running this hitch and a gas tank skidplate? what are you running with it? thanks in advance

Back