• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you buy from a 95 GC

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
to put onto a 93 Cherokee? A local guy has a 95 Grand he's parting out. 5.2l V8.

Should I snag the coils/tie rod? What else... I've got 1.5" coil spacers/adjustable shackles right now.

It's got a tan interior and i'm seriously considering taking the seats to put in mine. I realize it's not going to be bolt n' go due to not having the newer track like the 95+.

So what would I need to do to make the fronts work? Fab up some kind of rail system for it? Most of the reading i've done is for Cherokees that have the 95+ seat rail, haven't heard much about the older Cherokees doing this seat swap.

What is the difference on front drive shaft? Beefier? Longer? Probably won't get the brakes as this jeep is just a temporary one till I'm done with college then my wife said I can start on my dream jeep which will be a 99 or 98.

Basically going with the seats to make it more comfortable. Tie rod I might snag for the future. How easy is it to remove

Theres a thread on here somewhere... I think....or maybe it was on pirate..... about putting front and rear seats from a ZJ into an XJ. Search for it im sure youll find it.... they did a real nice job of it. Get the entire tie rod steering assy, the front axle assy would be a bolt in replacement, but probably low pinion. The front coils should net some lift for you if youre still stock. Other that those there isnt much else that will swap over.

i probably have more zj parts on my rig than xj parts. just off the top of my head:
tie rod
pitman arm
fan clutch (dont know with v8)
front seats
shifter handle
rear disks (even save them for your next rig if you want)
proportioning valve
136 amp alternator

im sure there is more that i am forgetting, but you get the idea

This is the guys ad

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/2246435528.html

Not sure if he's mechanically inclined and wants to pull parts and i've never really bought these kinds of parts before. So I figure if I were to buy a number of parts I could try and get a bundled deal.

So let's say I get:
the tie rod
seats front and back
disc brakes
pitman arm (would that be good for a 3.5-4.5" lift in the future?) don't plan on going much higher than that for my 'dream Jeep'.

and alt...

what should I offer?

And what could I get out of the disc brakes? In the future I plan on getting a Ford 8.8 with 4.10's w/disc brakes already on...

I've already got a GC alt to go into my current Jeep but I guess I could get this one for down the road when I get start my dreamer.

Id put the disks on your current jeep for now of you don't already have them. Don't forget the prop valve

grab the rear shocks if they're good. theyre perfect for 3" on an XJ and make BPEs out of the rear swaybar mounts. if it has u-joint axles, they're likely 297/760 size. the steering yes, the pitman arm no. you get bumpsteer unless you relocate trackbar the same distance.

control arms are the same, spares are good.

Back